[perl #40402] Remove src/ops/dotgnu.ops

Bernhard Schmalhofer

Sep 22, 2006, 1:22:53 PM9/22/06
to bugs-bi...@rt.perl.org
# New Ticket Created by Bernhard Schmalhofer
# Please include the string: [perl #40402]

Hi,

http://svn.perl.org/viewcvs/parrot/trunk/src/ops/dotgnu.ops was meant for
conversion ops for a C#-Implementation.

It looks obsolete to me, especially as there now is languages/dotnet.

Does anybody mind, if I remove it?

Regards,
Bernhard

Leopold Toetsch

Sep 22, 2006, 8:03:41 PM9/22/06
to perl6-i...@perl.org
Am Freitag, 22. September 2006 19:22 schrieb Bernhard Schmalhofer:
> Hi,
>
> http://svn.perl.org/viewcvs/parrot/trunk/src/ops/dotgnu.ops was meant for
> conversion ops for a C#-Implementation.
>
> It looks obsolete to me, especially as there now is languages/dotnet.

Yep.

> Does anybody mind, if I remove it?

See also *all* the answers re:
http://www.mail-archive.com/perl6-internals%40perl.org/msg33059.html

Well, the [o]ops are really in src/ops/dotgnu.ops :-)

> Regards,
> Bernhard

leo

Jonathan Worthington

Sep 22, 2006, 8:31:29 PM9/22/06
to perl6-i...@perl.org
Bernhard Schmalhofer (via RT) wrote:
> http://svn.perl.org/viewcvs/parrot/trunk/src/ops/dotgnu.ops was meant for conversion ops for a C#-Implementation.
>
> It looks obsolete to me, especially as there now is languages/dotnet.
>
> Does anybody mind, if I remove it?

I think remove it. I don't know how far along the C# compiler got, but
my guess is not as far as languages/dotnet/ is now. I certainly know I
needed to write a lot more custom ops than were in dotgnu.ops.

Jonathan