[perl #40822] Pg NCI Test Makes Unportable Connection

Chromatic

Nov 11, 2006, 5:23:40 PM11/11/06
to bugs-bi...@rt.perl.org
# New Ticket Created by chromatic
# Please include the string: [perl #40822]

t/library/pg.t fails pretty miserably on this line:

con = cl.'connectdb'('') # assume table = user is present

I have PostgreSQL installed, but this assumption doesn't work for me. I've
checked in a skip for the remaining tests in this case, as there's no point
in running them. (They cause NCI assertion failures, as the NULL connection
isn't what NCI expects to pass to the Pg functions.)

This test needs another approach to run on multiple platforms successfully.
Setting an environment variable for user name and password might work better.

-- c