[perl #41658] [TODO] Move all gc source files into a separate directory

Joshua Isom

Mar 1, 2007, 3:21:43 PM3/1/07
to bugs-bi...@rt.perl.org
# New Ticket Created by Joshua Isom
# Please include the string: [perl #41658]

While most of the other sections of the parrot source tree are fairly
neat and clean to be able to find what you're looking for, the garbage
collection files are all in src/ and not always obviously files used
for gc. Most of my gc segfaults seem to be from smallobject.c but by
looking at the filename, I wouldn't expect it to be a gc file. This
may help people to quickly be able to help track down a gc bug when
they find one, especially since the next day they're not reproducible,
even on the source machine.

Joshua Isom

Mar 15, 2007, 4:05:21 PM3/15/07
to perl6-internals List, bugs-bi...@rt.perl.org
I have a patch for doing this, at least a build, compile, and test type
patch. Instead of doing one massive patch to send, here's a script to
move the files(diffs include the entire file twice) and apply the
patch. It moves all the files I've noticed that are primarily related
to memory management and the garbage collector.
modified.patch
update.sh

Joshua Isom

Mar 15, 2007, 4:10:59 PM3/15/07
to perl6-i...@perl.org, bugs-bi...@rt.perl.org
I have a patch for doing this, at least a build, compile, and test type
patch. Instead of doing one massive patch to send, here's a script to
move the files(diffs include the entire file twice) and apply the
patch. It moves all the files I've noticed that are primarily related
to memory management and the garbage collector.

On Mar 1, 2007, at 2:21 PM, Joshua Isom (via RT) wrote:

modified.patch
update

Paul Cochrane via RT

Mar 18, 2007, 8:31:38 AM3/18/07