PAST-pm: only PAST::Block allowed at root of PAST

Klaas-Jan Stol

Feb 14, 2007, 5:49:54 AM2/14/07
to Perl 6 Internals
hello,

It was discussed before, but I'm not sure what was the result; PAST-pm
only allows a PAST::Block node to be returned from transform (ROOT).
However, in languages/PIR, the top level construct is a compilation
unit, which may be an include statement. An include statement should not
be enclosed by a subroutine.

Will PAST-pm be able to handle this?

regards,
klaas-jan

Patrick R. Michaud

Feb 14, 2007, 8:27:06 AM2/14/07
to Klaas-Jan Stol, Perl 6 Internals

Yes, I'm expecting that PAST-pm either will have a PAST::CompUnit
node type for compilation units, or the 'blocktype' attribute
on PAST::Block will have a 'compunit' setting.

Pm