.NET On Parrot

Jonathan Worthington

Oct 18, 2005, 6:16:37 PM10/18/05
to perl6-i...@perl.org
Hi,

Having observed that doing a thesis related to Parrot is trendy (hey,
Klaas-Jan!), I'm now adding to the statistic. :-)

For the next several months, I'm going to be working on translating .NET
bytecode and meta-data into PIR. The end result should mean that you can
load in a .NET class, instantiate it and call methods on it just as you
would any other native Parrot class. Or just inherit from it.

This should be another step towards us having "one bytecode to rule them
all". ;-) But for Parrot it will test how well it can support a range of
language constructs, and also mean I have a good excuse to spend time
hacking on Parrot itself. Yay!

Take care,

Jonathan

Leopold Toetsch

Oct 18, 2005, 8:29:59 PM10/18/05
to Jonathan Worthington, perl6-i...@perl.org

On Oct 19, 2005, at 0:16, Jonathan Worthington wrote:

> Hi,

> For the next several months, I'm going to be working on translating

> .NET bytecode and meta-data into PIR....

> ... Yay!

Yay2 - one VM to rule them all ...

> Jonathan

leo