FYI improved pugs smokes

Leopold Toetsch

Sep 25, 2006, 4:08:14 PM9/25/06
to perl6-i...@perl.org
Hi folks,

Read the journal
http://pugs.blogs.com/pugs/2006/09/check_smoke_res.html
Follow the link:
http://m19s28.vlinux.de/cgi-bin/pugs-smokeserv.pl?
Click at a recent entry with a SYN link
Then click on "02 Syntax"
Then on e.g.:
- Show the snippet from t/syntax/unicode.t (line 7 ~ line 85 — 26 √, 0 ×) -

This expands the tests related to this topic in the html and even shows test
success status.

Really cool.

Q: is this helpful for parrot pdds?
Q: implementable?

leo

Jerry Gay

Sep 25, 2006, 4:30:49 PM9/25/06
to Leopold Toetsch, perl6-i...@perl.org

indeed. it's super cool. i've been working with agent zhang and others
to improve this...

> Q: implementable?

...and have been working on an implementation. ideally, i'd like to
get this coded up in pir, but i'm working now on modifying the perl
source. my progress has stalled lately, as i seem to have dropped a
few tuits of the right flavor. i'll merge my changes with the latest
version of smartlinks.pl, and commit something (even if it's broken.)
i'll include some comments or a todo list for those with tuits to
spare.

it does need some extension to work for parrot, particularly because
parrot has two sets of design documents, PDDs for most things, and S05
(plus perhaps others) for PGE. i believe a refactoring of the current
code will allow it to work for multiple sets of documents.
~jerry