Perl segfault in cppcomments.t

Paul Cochrane

Nov 18, 2006, 8:58:41 AM11/18/06
to parrot-...@perl.org
Hi all,

I'm getting perl segfaulting on these files when I run
t/codingstd/cppcomments.t:

# src/ops/core.ops
# src/ops/io.ops
# src/ops/object.ops
# src/ops/pmc.ops
# src/ops/set.ops
# src/ops/stack.ops
# src/ops/string.ops

Is anyone else having this problem? The issue seems to be in the
regular expressions which the test uses to strip out C-comments and
single and double quoted strings before looking for C++ comments. My
regexp foo isn't that great, and so is there something too complicated
going on in the regexp which is causing the failure? I'm aware that
on other systems and setups the test runs fine so it would be
interesting to find out what's going on here.

See below for the myconfig for my system, and my current version of perl.

Regards,

Paul

Summary of my parrot 0.4.7 (r15650) configuration:
configdate='Sat Nov 18 12:33:40 2006'
Platform:
osname=linux, archname=i386-linux
jitcapable=1, jitarchname=i386-linux,
jitosname=LINUX, jitcpuarch=i386
execcapable=1
perl=/usr/bin/perl5.8.8
Compiler:
cc='ccache gcc', ccflags=' -pipe -Wdeclaration-after-statement
-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_GNU_SOURCE -I
/usr/include',
Linker and Libraries:
ld='ccache g++', ldflags=' -L/usr/local/lib',
cc_ldflags='',
libs='-lpthread -lnsl -ldl -lm -lcrypt -lutil -lrt -lgmp
-lreadline -lncurses'
Dynamic Linking:
share_ext='.so', ld_share_flags='-shared -L/usr/local/lib -fPIC',
load_ext='.so', ld_load_flags='-shared -L/usr/local/lib -fPIC'
Types:
iv=long, intvalsize=4, intsize=4, opcode_t=long, opcode_t_size=4,
ptrsize=4, ptr_alignment=1 byteorder=1234,
nv=double, numvalsize=8, doublesize=8

% perl -v

This is perl, v5.8.8 built for i386-linux

I'm running Gentoo Linux if that helps at all.