[perl #37325] [TODO] build - remove use of $(MAKE_C)

Joshua Hoblitt

Oct 2, 2005, 8:30:36 AM10/2/05
to bugs-bi...@rt.perl.org
# New Ticket Created by Joshua Hoblitt
# Please include the string: [perl #37325]

make needs to know when another instance of make is being invoked in
order to manage a parallel build. make only understand $(MAKE) to cause
another invocation (that's not strictly true but I'm unsure of how
portable the '+' operator is, so I don't think it's an option for
Parrot). The functionality of $(MAKE_C) should be moved to configure
time so this variable can be replaced with $(MAKE).

-J

Joshua Hoblitt via RT

Nov 16, 2005, 9:27:16 PM11/16/05
to perl6-i...@perl.org
Resolved by bug #37692. Something on the TODO list actually got done. ;)

-J