[perl #42040] tools/dev/mk_manifest_and_skip.pl doesn't pick up files that are marked svn deleted but not yet committed

Kevin Tew

Mar 23, 2007, 2:37:34 PM3/23/07
to bugs-bi...@rt.perl.org
# New Ticket Created by Kevin Tew
# Please include the string: [perl #42040]

tools/dev/mk_manifest_and_skip.pl should remove file from the MANIFEST
that are scheduled to be svn deleted.

James Keenan via RT

Jul 15, 2007, 12:22:47 PM7/15/07
to perl6-i...@perl.org
On Fri Mar 23 11:37:34 2007, tewk wrote:
> tools/dev/mk_manifest_and_skip.pl should remove file from the MANIFEST
> that are scheduled to be svn deleted.

This problem should be corrected with revisions applied to trunk today
in r19893 (which applied to RT 43847 as well.

Both Coke and I have verified in practice that this will solve the 'svn
delete' issue. But I'm going to leave the ticket open for a while in
the hope that I can write a formal test for it.

kid51

James Keenan via RT

Jan 1, 2008, 11:31:33 AM1/1/08
to perl6-i...@perl.org
The code in tools/dev/mk_manifest_and_skip.pl is mostly calls to
Parrot::Manifest methods. These are reasonably well tested in
t/manifest.t, which may be invoked after configuration as:

make manifest_tests

These tests will generate a failure if either MANIFEST or MANIFEST.SKIP
is in a state where it needs updating. So it doesn't hurt to run them
periodically, even though they are not a part of 'make test'.

Resolving ticket.