Flex Debugging

Vishal Soni

Jul 23, 2006, 12:09:28 PM7/23/06
to perl6-i...@perl.org
Hi,

Can some one help me with Flex debugging?

Previously if I recall correctly the adding %option debug in imcc.l use
to spit out debug information to the console. This does not seem to work
now.

Am I doing something wrong?

-Vishal

Leopold Toetsch

Jul 23, 2006, 2:37:07 PM7/23/06
to perl6-i...@perl.org
Am Sonntag, 23. Juli 2006 18:09 schrieb Vishal Soni:
> Hi,
>
> Can some one help me with Flex debugging?
>
> Previously if I recall correctly the adding %option debug in imcc.l use
> to spit out debug information to the console. This does not seem to work
> now.

$ info flex
sayeth:

`-d, --debug, `%option debug''
makes the generated scanner run in "debug" mode. Whenever a
pattern is recognized and the global variable `yy_flex_debug' is
non-zero (which is the default), the scanner will write to
`stderr' a line of the form:

i.e. differently to previous versions, `yy_flex_debug' also needs turning on,
which could probably done along with turning on 'yydebug' with the -y
commandline switch. While above states that `yy_flex_debug' would be turned
on by default, a 'find ... grep' shows no indications for that.

*But* trying that [1], it seems that it's just not working.

> -Vishal

leo

[1] the patch w/o func proto

yy_debug.patch