[perl #42292] [TODO] modify PCCMETHOD syntax to more closely match PDD03

1 view

Jerry Gay

Apr 3, 2007, 5:49:22 PM4/3/07
to bugs-bi...@rt.perl.org
# New Ticket Created by Jerry Gay
# Please include the string: [perl #42292]

PCCMETHOD specifies C<value :named["key"]>
PDD03 specifies C<value :named('key')>

i think it's possible to make the two look more alike. consistency++
~jerry

Chromatic

Apr 3, 2007, 6:00:25 PM4/3/07
to perl6-i...@perl.org, Jerry Gay, bugs-bi...@rt.perl.org

Something like this?

-- c

pccmethod_named_attr.patch

Jerry Gay

Apr 3, 2007, 6:06:32 PM4/3/07
to chromatic, perl6-i...@perl.org, via RT Jerry Gay, bugs-bi...@rt.perl.org
sure, something like that. i'd like to be able to use single- or
double-quoted strings, but that's not as important. patching existing
code to use the new syntax would be nice, too.

oh, and updating docs/dev/pccmethods.pod, too. i'm in the midst of
editing that doc now, so i could clean it up separately.
~jerry

Allison Randal via RT

Jan 12, 2008, 2:38:29 PM1/12/08
to perl6-i...@perl.org
chromatic, go ahead and apply this in the pdd17pmc branch. Was already
updated in docs/dev/pccmethod.pod. I'm noting the change in DEPRECATED.pod.

Chromatic

Mar 15, 2008, 4:10:14 AM3/15/08
to parrot-...@perl.org, parrotbug...@parrotcode.org, perl6-i...@perl.org
On Saturday 12 January 2008 11:38:29 Allison Randal via RT wrote:

> chromatic, go ahead and apply this in the pdd17pmc branch. Was already
> updated in docs/dev/pccmethod.pod. I'm noting the change in DEPRECATED.pod.

Applied in r26831, with substantial tweaks to make it actually work.

I <X3 parsers.

-- s