Parrot 0.4.10 released

Will Coleda

Mar 21, 2007, 7:06:12 AM3/21/07
to parrot-...@perl.org, Perl 6 announce list, perl6-l...@perl.org, perl5-...@perl.org
On behalf of the Parrot team, I'm proud to announce Parrot 0.4.10
"The Release Formerly Known as "Prince"."
Parrot (http://parrotcode.org/) is a virtual machine aimed
at running all dynamic languages.

Parrot 0.4.10 can be obtained via CPAN, or follow the
download instructions at http://parrotcode.org/source.html.
For those who would like to develop on Parrot, or help develop
Parrot itself, we recommend using Subversion or SVK on the
source code repository to get the latest and best Parrot code.

Parrot 0.4.10 News:
- Compilers:
+ IMCC: Parrot calling conventions now available between two C
PMCs (PMINVOKE)
+ PGE: Match object improvements
+ smop: added Attribute and Class PMCs
+ HLLCompiler: improvements for interactive mode
- PAST:
+ extended binding to a list of variables
- Languages:
+ Updated Lua, PHP ("Plumhead"), Tcl ("ParTcl"), Ruby ("Cardinal")
+ Update PIR, regex, Zcode
+ New language: Pynie - a Python compiler for Parrot
+ Lua implements require and many other ops, improved regex support
+ Remove parakeet
- Design:
+ PDD01 "Overview" - updated architecture and platform information
+ PDD15 "Objects" - details on roles, objects, and classes added
+ PDD22 "I/O" - added async ops and Status PMC details
- Documentation:
+ Added guides for Metacommitter, Relase Manager, and Cage Cleaner
roles
- Implementation:
+ Object, Class, Role, and Attribute PMC implementation has begun
+ Perl 5 module "Parrot::Embed" now compiles and links on all
platforms
- Build:
+ Major improvements in test coverage for 'ops2c.pl'
- Misc:
+ New utility: Crow, a template processor
+ New library module: Config/JSON for reading/writing JSON files
+ many bugfixes, enhancements, and coding standard updates, code
cleanup

Thanks to all our contributors for making this possible, and our
sponsors for supporting this project.

Enjoy!

--
Will "Coke" Coleda
wi...@coleda.com

Allison Randal

Mar 21, 2007, 12:58:31 PM3/21/07
to Will Coleda, parrot-...@perl.org
Will Coleda wrote:
> On behalf of the Parrot team, I'm proud to announce Parrot 0.4.10
> "The Release Formerly Known as "Prince"."
> Parrot (http://parrotcode.org/) is a virtual machine aimed
> at running all dynamic languages.

Oh, good name. :)

Thanks, Coke!