[perl #42169] [CAGE] Create a sample subversion/config

Will Coleda

Mar 29, 2007, 11:04:54 PM3/29/07
to bugs-bi...@rt.perl.org
# New Ticket Created by Will Coleda
# Please include the string: [perl #42169]

ala recent "IRC discussion..." thread on parrot-porters and put it in
the repository in a likely place. and mention it in the committer docs.

It should conform to and be referred to by the standards in the
file_metadata.t test.

--
Will "Coke" Coleda
wi...@coleda.com

Paul Cochrane

Mar 30, 2007, 4:47:11 PM3/30/07
to perl6-i...@perl.org, bugs-bi...@rt.perl.org

How does this look (following)? Also, where is a good place to put
it? docs/project/ springs to mind. Any objections to that?

Paul

### Section for configuring miscelleneous Subversion options.
[miscellany]
### Set enable-auto-props to 'yes' to enable automatic properties
### for 'svn add' and 'svn import', it defaults to 'no'.
### Automatic properties are defined in the section 'auto-props'.
enable-auto-props = yes

### Section for configuring automatic properties.
### The format of the entries is:
### file-name-pattern = propname[=value][;propname[=value]...]
### The file-name-pattern can contain wildcards (such as '*' and
### '?'). All entries which match will be applied to the file.
### Note that auto-props functionality must be enabled, which
### is typically done by setting the 'enable-auto-props' option.
[auto-props]
# C
*.c = svn:eol-style=native; svn:keywords=Author Date Id Revision
*.h = svn:eol-style=native; svn:keywords=Author Date Id Revision
# Perl
*.pl = svn:eol-style=native; svn:keywords=Author Date Id Revision
*.pm = svn:eol-style=native; svn:keywords=Author Date Id Revision
*.pod = svn:eol-style=native; svn:keywords=Author Date Id Revision
*.t = svn:eol-style=native; svn:mime-type=text/plain;
svn:keywords=Author Date Id Revision
# Parrot
*.imc = svn:eol-style=native; svn:keywords=Author Date Id Revision
*.pasm = svn:eol-style=native; svn:keywords=Author Date Id Revision
*.pir = svn:eol-style=native; svn:keywords=Author Date Id Revision
*.pg = svn:eol-style=native; svn:keywords=Author Date Id Revision
*.pmc = svn:eol-style=native; svn:keywords=Author Date Id Revision
*.ops = svn:eol-style=native; svn:keywords=Author Date Id Revision
*.tg = svn:eol-style=native; svn:keywords=Author Date Id Revision
# Parrot languages
*.bas = svn:eol-style=native; svn:keywords=Author Date Id Revision
*.lua = svn:eol-style=native; svn:keywords=Author Date Id Revision
*.m4 = svn:eol-style=native; svn:keywords=Author Date Id Revision
*.jako = svn:eol-style=native; svn:keywords=Author Date Id Revision
*.java = svn:eol-style=native; svn:keywords=Author Date Id Revision
*.p6 = svn:eol-style=native; svn:keywords=Author Date Id Revision
*.py = svn:eol-style=native; svn:keywords=Author Date Id Revision
*.rb = svn:eol-style=native; svn:keywords=Author Date Id Revision
*.tap = svn:eol-style=native; svn:keywords=Author Date Id Revision
*.tcl = svn:eol-style=native; svn:keywords=Author Date Id Revision
*.urm = svn:eol-style=native; svn:keywords=Author Date Id Revision
*.z3 = svn:eol-style=native; svn:keywords=Author Date Id Revision
# Flex/yacc
*.l = svn:eol-style=native; svn:keywords=Author Date Id Revision
*.y = svn:eol-style=native; svn:keywords=Author Date Id Revision
# General
*.css = svn:eol-style=native; svn:keywords=Author Date Id Revision
*.html = svn:eol-style=native; svn:keywords=Author Date Id Revision
*.in = svn:eol-style=native; svn:keywords=Author Date Id Revision
*.txt = svn:eol-style=native; svn:keywords=Author Date Id Revision
*.xml = svn:eol-style=native; svn:keywords=Author Date Id Revision
Makefile = svn:eol-style=native; svn:keywords=Author Date Id Revision
README = svn:eol-style=native; svn:keywords=Author Date Id Revision

Allison Randal

Mar 31, 2007, 9:50:59 PM3/31/07
to Paul Cochrane, perl6-i...@perl.org
Paul Cochrane wrote:

>> ala recent "IRC discussion..." thread on parrot-porters and put it in
>> the repository in a likely place. and mention it in the committer docs.
>>
>> It should conform to and be referred to by the standards in the
>> file_metadata.t test.
>
> How does this look (following)?

It's important to note that this is a global configuration and will
affect all subversion repositories you work on, not just Parrot. I work
on too many different repositories to use a global configuration of
automatic properties. (And, AFAIK, subversion only offers a global setting.)

> Also, where is a good place to put
> it? docs/project/ springs to mind. Any objections to that?

I'd put it in editors/. It's at least similar in the sense of
"configuration stuff to make working with parrot files simpler".

Allison

Paul Cochrane

Apr 1, 2007, 3:14:09 AM4/1/07
to Allison Randal, perl6-i...@perl.org

Thanks for your feedback! Added to editor/ in r17916.

Paul