[perl #41858] [CAGE] Make a reasonable set of rules for splint

Paul Cochrane

Mar 15, 2007, 10:12:49 PM3/15/07
to bugs-bi...@rt.perl.org
# New Ticket Created by Paul Cochrane
# Please include the string: [perl #41858]

splint spews many many errors by default. Take a look at the
Makefile that perl5 has for the start of some rules that Andy worked
on for the perl5 code.

Paul Cochrane via RT

Oct 21, 2007, 4:25:51 PM10/21/07
to perl6-i...@perl.org
On Thu Mar 15 19:12:48 2007, ptc wrote:
> splint spews many many errors by default. Take a look at the
> Makefile that perl5 has for the start of some rules that Andy worked
> on for the perl5 code.

Andy Lester has done a very large amount of work on this, and a very
good set of rules for splint now exists in the Parrot Makefile. Some
are commented out and marked as being worthy of adding back in,
dependent upon other things being finished. Does the set we have
constitute a "reasonable" set? I.e. can we lay this ticket to rest?

Paul

Paul Cochrane via RT

Oct 27, 2007, 10:12:31 AM10/27/07
to perl6-i...@perl.org

After looking into this a bit more, the set of options we have is
definitely "reasonable". Closing ticket.