inspect and inspect_str from PIR

Jonathan Worthington

Apr 7, 2007, 5:08:25 PM4/7/07
to parrot-...@perl.org
Hi,

I've now got the inspect_str and inspect vtable methods implemented for
the Class PMC, and the method "attributes", "methods", "roles" and
"parents" delegate to inspect_str (and that's testable and working).

However, there is no way (unless I'm missing it) in PDD15 to call
inspect and inspect_str directly from PIR. Should be have inspect_p and
inspect_p_s ops? Should we also have a method on the Class (one of those
later to move out to a role) like "inspect(STRING *what :optional)"? I'd
like to have both the ops for interoperability and the method for nice
interfaceness.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Allison Randal

Apr 9, 2007, 10:17:37 PM4/9/07
to Jonathan Worthington, parrot-...@perl.org

I just added an opcode 'inspect' and a method 'inspect' on roles and
classes to PDD 15.

Thanks!
Allison