[perl #41826] vtable method 'find_method' not working in PIR

Richard @ Hive-Systems . Com

Mar 14, 2007, 10:51:37 AM3/14/07
to bugs-bi...@rt.perl.org
# New Ticket Created by ric...@hive-systems.com
# Please include the string: [perl #41826]

Hi,

Given the following:

.namespace ['A']

.sub 'find_method' :vtable :method
say 'find_method!'
.end

.sub main :main
$P0 = newclass 'A'
$P1 = new 'A'
$P2 = find_method $P1, 'foo'
.end

the 'find_method' sub doesn't get invoked

Cheers,
Rich

Chromatic

May 1, 2007, 8:55:12 PM5/1/07
to perl6-i...@perl.org, richard_at_hive-systems.com, bugs-bi...@rt.perl.org
On Wednesday 14 March 2007 07:51:37 ric...@hive-systems.com wrote:

> Given the following:
>
> .namespace ['A']
>
> .sub 'find_method' :vtable :method
> say 'find_method!'
> .end
>
> .sub main :main
> $P0 = newclass 'A'
> $P1 = new 'A'
> $P2 = find_method $P1, 'foo'
> .end
>
> the 'find_method' sub doesn't get invoked

Somehow we've fixed this between the time of the report and now. I added a
modified version of your example to t/pmc/namespace.t as a test in r18384,
though.

Thanks!

-- c