[perl #41860] [CAGE] Run Parrot under Coverity Prevent

Paul Cochrane

Mar 15, 2007, 10:24:31 PM3/15/07
to bugs-bi...@rt.perl.org
# New Ticket Created by Paul Cochrane
# Please include the string: [perl #41860]

Coverity already runs Prevent on the Perl 5 source. Let's get
Parrot running under it, too. L<http://scan.coverity.com/>

Paul Cochrane via RT

Apr 5, 2007, 3:57:02 PM4/5/07
to perl6-i...@perl.org
On Thu Mar 15 19:24:31 2007, ptc wrote:
> Coverity already runs Prevent on the Perl 5 source. Let's get
> Parrot running under it, too. L<http://scan.coverity.com/>

Just to keep this ticket up to date with what's happening, here is a
reply to my email asking to add Parrot to Coverity which recently
arrived.

On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 05:37:39PM +0100, Paul Cochrane wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As one of the people helping to tidy up the source of the Parrot
> project: (http://www.parrotcode.org/) I'm interested in getting Parrot
> added to Coverity's ScanList. Could we be added please?

Hi Paul,

Absolutely Parrot can be added. I can't give you a date estimate at the
moment. I'm doing a lot of work to optimize the process of maintaining
so many builds.

I'll put Parrot on the list of projects to be included in the Scan.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
--
David Maxwell
Coverity Open Source Strategist

Paul Cochrane via RT

Jul 18, 2007, 12:53:22 PM7/18/07
to perl6-i...@perl.org
Parrot is now running under Coverity Prevent. The address for access
to its output is: http://scan2.coverity.com:9035/. If you wish to get
an account to be able to then access the scan page, you will need to
send an email to scan-...@coverity.com. I'm going to put this info
up on the Parrot wiki as well. Resolving the ticket.