make test hangs in t/examples/shootout_1.pir

Andy Dougherty

Mar 22, 2007, 10:14:28 AM3/22/07
to Perl6 Internals
After applying the various build patches I posted earlier today, I tried
running make test. Unforutnately, it appears to hang in
t/examples/shootout_1.pir. It ran for about 15 hours before I finally
killed it. Curiously, it hadn't racked up much CPU time at all -- ps
showed '0:00'. A perl version of the same ackerman(3,9) benchmark runs to
copmletion just fine, in a little under 4 mintues.

This problem may have been around for quite a while. I vaguely recall
having to kill this process back in January, but I was on the trail of
bigger problems at the time, and just chalked it up to impatience -- not
wanting to wait for the program to end.

I'll look into this some more in the next week or so as time permits.

--
Andy Dougherty doug...@lafayette.edu

Chromatic

Apr 27, 2007, 2:43:45 PM4/27/07
to perl6-i...@perl.org, Andy Dougherty
On Thursday 22 March 2007 07:14, Andy Dougherty wrote:

> After applying the various build patches I posted earlier today, I tried
> running make test. Unforutnately, it appears to hang in
> t/examples/shootout_1.pir. It ran for about 15 hours before I finally
> killed it. Curiously, it hadn't racked up much CPU time at all -- ps
> showed '0:00'. A perl version of the same ackerman(3,9) benchmark runs to
> copmletion just fine, in a little under 4 mintues.

Is this still the case?

-- c

Andy Dougherty

Apr 27, 2007, 2:55:56 PM4/27/07
to chromatic, Perl6 Internals

No. That one's fixed. (It turned out to be a weird flag-removal bug in
t/examples/shootout.t. I forget the patch number, but I fixed it, and the
fix got applied.)

--
Andy Dougherty doug...@lafayette.edu