[perl #41915] [TODO] remove unused manifest-generating scripts

Jerry Gay

Mar 19, 2007, 6:51:32 PM3/19/07
to bugs-bi...@rt.perl.org
# New Ticket Created by Jerry Gay
# Please include the string: [perl #41915]

tools/dev/ has a number of unused and possibly broken scripts. of
them, there seem to be a number related to manifest generation:

gen_manifest_skip.pl
mk_manifest_and_skip.pl
mk_manifests.pl

your mission: determine if one script can replace the work of three.
~jerry

Paul Cochrane

Mar 20, 2007, 4:00:52 AM3/20/07
to perl6-i...@perl.org, bugs-bi...@rt.perl.org

Just as a note, this ticket is related to #40911

Paul Cochrane

Jun 25, 2007, 2:45:36 PM6/25/07
to parrotbug...@parrotcode.org, jerr...@gmail.com
On 25/06/07, Bernhard Schmalhofer via RT
<parrotbug...@parrotcode.org> wrote:
> On So. 06. Mai 2007, 12:09:58, bernhard wrote:
>
> > TODO: Check whether Parrot::Distribution::gen_manifest_skip() can be used
> > in mk_manifest_and_skip.pl or alternatively be deleted.
>
> Parrot::Distribution::gen_manifest_skip() and subsequently
> t/distro/manifest_skip.t have been broken for some time.
>
> Does anybody mind if I remove them?

It's ok with me. IIRC I tried to remove them about a year ago, but
managed to break Parrot and never managed to get around to finding the
right way to remove them.

Paul

Bernhard Schmalhofer via RT

Jun 25, 2007, 2:20:05 PM6/25/07
to perl6-i...@perl.org

--
/* Bernhard.Schmalhofer <!-- x --> at gmx.de */

James Keenan via RT

Jun 26, 2007, 12:29:37 AM6/26/07
to perl6-i...@perl.org
On Mon Jun 25 11:46:07 2007, ptc wrote:
> On 25/06/07, Bernhard Schmalhofer via RT
> <parrotbug-followup <!-- x --> at parrotcode.org> wrote:
> > On So. 06. Mai 2007, 12:09:58, bernhard wrote:
> >
> > > TODO: Check whether Parrot::Distribution::gen_manifest_skip() can
> be used
> > > in mk_manifest_and_skip.pl or alternatively be deleted.
> >
> > Parrot::Distribution::gen_manifest_skip() and subsequently
> > t/distro/manifest_skip.t have been broken for some time.
> >
> > Does anybody mind if I remove them?

No one has spoken up in their defense in the 3+ months since the ticket was opened. So I
would recommend deletion.

kid51