[perl #32507] [TODO] ResizableIntegerArray missing vtables (e.g., pop)

Patrick R . Michaud

Nov 19, 2004, 10:34:20 AM11/19/04
to bugs-bi...@rt.perl.org
# New Ticket Created by Patrick R. Michaud
# Please include the string: [perl #32507]

In P6GE, there's an array (gr_cap) that is used to store group captures
as an array of ints. Leo suggests that a ResizableIntegerArray
be used instead of a PerlArray, but before this can be done the
ResizableIntegerArray needs to have vtable entries for push and pop.

Pm

----- Forwarded message from Leopold Toetsch <l...@toetsch.at> -----

- the array "gr_cap" seems to take integers only. If yes it should be
eventually a ResizableIntegerArray. But this needs 2 TODO items (which
I'd just drop off to the list): implement missing vtables like pop and
use the allocation style from ResizablePMCArray, i.e. the size in
PMC_int_val2(ar). The resize logic could just be reused (called directly)

Patrick R. Michaud

Apr 6, 2006, 5:04:28 PM4/6/06
to Bernhard Schmalhofer via RT
On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 01:46:09PM -0700, Bernhard Schmalhofer via RT wrote:
> As PGE nowadays happily works with Parrot standard PMCs, I assume that
> this old issue has been taken care of.

Actually, this particular todo item didn't have anything to do with
PGE. Leo and I were conversing about it in email at one point, and
he mentioned that ResizableIntegerArray didn't have vtable
support and asked me to submit a TODO for it (and I did).

Still, I presume you're correct that it's resolved, so we can leave
it closed for now. :-)

Thanks for keeping things up-to-date!

Pm