[perl #41695] [CAGE]: Refactor Parrot::Distribution

James Keenan

Mar 4, 2007, 11:02:58 AM3/4/07
to bugs-bi...@rt.perl.org
# New Ticket Created by James Keenan
# Please include the string: [perl #41695]

I am opening this ticket as a way of logging various Parrot hackers'
efforts to re-factor Parrot::Distribution, its ancestors and its
tests. Discussion in this ticket should respond, among other things,
to issues raised in the Perl 6 internals thread "What is intended use
of Parrot::Distribution?" begun by Elizabeth Mattijsen on March 3
2007: http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl6.internals/2007/03/
msg36616.html.

I have posted in that thread and will post additional notes I've made
since then to this ticket. But I don't yet have a particular
approach to this refactoring for which I'm advocating. Let's hear
everybody's suggestions.

kid51

James Keenan via RT

Mar 4, 2007, 4:38:38 PM3/4/07
to perl6-i...@perl.org
Here are some notes which I have made which may prove useful in the
refactoring of Parrot::Distribution. I hope that I have grepped and
acked accurately, but I'm not guaranteeing 100% accuracy.

kid51

parrot.distribution.refactoring.txt

James Keenan

Mar 4, 2007, 1:31:54 PM3/4/07
to parrotbug...@parrotcode.org
parrot.distribution.refactoring.txt

James Keenan via RT

Aug 26, 2007, 12:45:14 PM8/26/07
to perl6-i...@perl.org
Since this ticket was opened much work has been done on
Parrot::Distribution. But since my own attention has been focused
elsewhere, I haven't had the tuits to focus on the subjects raised in
the ticket. Since the other work done on this package has been done in
the context of other RT tickets, there's no need to keep this one open.