[perl #41579] [BUG] t/pmc/ref.t, t/pmc/threads.t file with -C runcore

Patrick R . Michaud

Feb 22, 2007, 11:41:34 AM2/22/07
to bugs-bi...@rt.perl.org
# New Ticket Created by Patrick R. Michaud
# Please include the string: [perl #41579]

While running 'make fulltest' for the 0.4.9 release, I'm getting
two failing tests under the -C (CGP) runcore (r17148):

Failed Test Stat Wstat Total Fail List of Failed
t/pmc/ref.t 2 512 16 2 13-14
t/pmc/threads.t 1 256 20 1 16
7 tests and 232 subtests skipped.
Failed 2/216 test scripts. 3/4540 subtests failed.

Again, I'm on an x86_64 system, if that makes a difference.
The other runcores all pass, so I'm not going to hold up the
release for this one.

I can post more debug, trace, or platform details if needed.

Pm

Chromatic

Feb 22, 2007, 12:54:59 PM2/22/07
to perl6-i...@perl.org, Patrick R.Michaud, bugs-bi...@rt.perl.org
On Thursday 22 February 2007 08:41, Patrick R.Michaud wrote:

> While running 'make fulltest' for the 0.4.9 release, I'm getting
> two failing tests under the -C (CGP) runcore (r17148):
>
> Failed Test Stat Wstat Total Fail List of Failed

>---- t/pmc/ref.t 2 512 16 2 13-14

> t/pmc/threads.t 1 256 20 1 16
> 7 tests and 232 subtests skipped.
> Failed 2/216 test scripts. 3/4540 subtests failed.
>

> Again, I'm on an x86_64 system, if that makes a difference.
> The other runcores all pass, so I'm not going to hold up the
> release for this one.
>
> I can post more debug, trace, or platform details if needed.

I see the same on x86 Linux.

-- c

Chromatic

Mar 14, 2007, 4:34:01 AM3/14/07
to perl6-i...@perl.org, Patrick R.Michaud
On Thursday 22 February 2007 08:41, Patrick R.Michaud wrote:

> While running 'make fulltest' for the 0.4.9 release, I'm getting
> two failing tests under the -C (CGP) runcore (r17148):
>
> Failed Test Stat Wstat Total Fail List of Failed

>---- t/pmc/ref.t 2 512 16 2 13-14

Here's a fix for that. I'm not sure it's completely correct with regard to
the Ref PMC, but it does fix the delegation problem nicely.

-- c

pic_ref_vtable.patch