pirtidy - call for help

1 view

Will Coleda

May 11, 2006, 6:31:39 PM5/11/06
to Perl6 Internals
There is a start at a pirtidy perl script at tools/utils/pirtidy.pl,
using lib/Parrot/PIR/Formatter.pm, tests at t/perl/
Parrot_PIR_Formatter.t

There are a bunch of skip'd tests, some notes in the perl module
listing some more possible things to be done.

This mainly requires perl knowledge, with some understanding of PIR
syntax.

I have a few other things on my plate and probably won't get back to
this soon.

Regards.

Will Coleda via RT

May 7, 2008, 10:39:23 AM5/7/08
to perl6-i...@perl.org
On Fri Jul 13 18:51:14 2007, coke wrote:
> Someone suggested using the PIR parser written in TGE to output PIR,
> and have *that* be our
> pretty printer.
>
> Good idea. If that happens, just kill the perl module.

Changed my mind. There's no point in keeping a half baked version of
something we know we're going to throw out, especially if no one is
using it today.

Let's remove it. Since this a tack on tool, not core functionality, it
can be removed before the next release.