[perl #37388] [TODO] remove -expnetwork from Config

Will Coleda

Oct 8, 2005, 11:50:38 AM10/8/05
to bugs-bi...@rt.perl.org
# New Ticket Created by Will Coleda
# Please include the string: [perl #37388]

From Configure.pl :

=item C<--expnetwork>

Enable experimental networking. This is an unused option and should
probably be removed.

Bernhard Schmalhofer

Oct 9, 2005, 8:36:34 AM10/9/05
to perl6-i...@perl.org, bugs-bi...@rt.perl.org

Originally this option was intended to turn on PARROT_NET_DEVEL in
io/io_private.h.
I think that this allows Parrot to talk to sockets.

Current PARROT_NET_DEVEL = 1 is hardcoded. I this is the way it should be,
we can eliminate PARROT_NET_DEVEL and '--expnetwork' altogether.

But the larger question is about a Parrot security strategy, that specifies
how Parrot can interact with the local system and the world.

CU, Bernhard

--
/* Bernhard.S...@biomax.de */

Joshua Hoblitt via RT

Feb 20, 2006, 5:25:40 PM2/20/06
to perl6-i...@perl.org
This flag is in use by the inter::exp step but it's not doing much.
Should this flag be kept or not?

-J

Leopold Toetsch

Feb 20, 2006, 7:01:11 PM2/20/06
to parrotbug...@parrotcode.org, Perl 6 Internals

On Feb 20, 2006, at 23:25, Joshua Hoblitt via RT wrote:

> This flag is in use by the inter::exp step but it's not doing much.
> Should this flag be kept or not?

I'd remove it,
leo

Joshua Hoblitt