Link'n'Load on Windows

Ron Blaschke

Apr 1, 2007, 10:03:22 AM4/1/07
to perl6-i...@perl.org
Hi,

I currently looking at some issues on Windows.

1) Linking

There are a few symbols not exported which cause link errors in tests.
I'll provide a patch to export them.

On Windows it's usually best to put the applications and libraries in
the same directory, but libparrot is mostly built in blib/lib. There's
a hack for MSWin32, though:

Makefile
#CONDITIONED_LINE(win32):LIBPARROT_SHARED = @libparrot_shared@
#INVERSE_CONDITIONED_LINE(win32):LIBPARROT_SHARED =
@blib_dir@/@libparrot_shared@

I'd like to change libparrot_shared and libparrot_static to include the
full path, i.e. include build_dir, and simplify above in the Makefile.
Actually, I got confused by the difference of libparrot_shared
(Configure) and LIBPARROT_SHARED (Makefile). For Windows (native and
Cygwin) I'd like to build the libraries near F<parrot>, for everyone
else it stays in blib/lib.

Would these changes be ok?

Ron