Mono, Bundles, and Ahead-Of-Time Compilation

Chromatic

Aug 18, 2006, 3:57:09 PM8/18/06
to parrot-...@perl.org
Miguel de Icaza recently posted some thoughts about improving startup time and
memory usage of multiple Mono applications. What ideas can we steal and
improve?

http://tirania.org/blog/archive/2006/Aug-17.html

-- c

Leopold Toetsch

Aug 19, 2006, 5:16:34 AM8/19/06
to perl6-i...@perl.org, chromatic
Am Freitag, 18. August 2006 21:57 schrieb chromatic:
> Miguel de Icaza recently posted some thoughts about improving startup time
> and memory usage of multiple Mono applications. What ideas can we steal
> and improve?

We have the basics of "AOT" since quite a time. It's termed EXEC run core in
parrot. But it's currently untested and might need some updates due to
ongoing code changes.

leo

Leopold Toetsch

Aug 19, 2006, 7:30:57 PM8/19/06
to C.J. Collier, perl6-i...@perl.org, chromatic
Am Sonntag, 20. August 2006 00:26 schrieb C.J. Collier:
> > We have the basics of "AOT" since quite a time.
> >
> > leo
>
> Branch?  Path? Url?

trunk! src/exec*.c!

leo