[perl #41280] [PDD] adding methods to subs as objects

Allison Randal

Jan 16, 2007, 2:06:03 PM1/16/07
to bugs-bi...@rt.perl.org
# New Ticket Created by Allison Randal
# Please include the string: [perl #41280]

<pmichaud> larry's most recent change to S05 (more)
<pmichaud> looks like I'll need the ability to attach methods to subs
sooner rather than later
<pmichaud> (subs as real objects isn't that critical, but it's
continually coming up)
<pmichaud> (I can continue to implement workarounds)
<allison> patrick: put together a list of what you need sub objects to do
<allison> I'll roll it into the objects PDD
<pmichaud> allison: will do -- the shortlist is that I need to be able
to inherit (or compose) from .Sub so that I can create Code, Rule, etc.
classes in Perl 6
<pmichaud> the key phrase is: Every regex in Perl 6 is required to be
able to
<pmichaud> +return its list of initial constant strings (transitively
including the
<pmichaud> +initial constant strings of any initial subrule called by
that regex).
<pmichaud> it may be that this will become a method on grammar objects,
though