STM runtime test hanging intermittently

Paul Cochrane

Oct 31, 2006, 11:19:11 AM10/31/06
to parrot-...@perl.org
Hi all,

I'm getting the t/stm/runtime.t test hanging only every-so-often. Is
anyone else is noticing this problem? It hangs sometimes after the
first test has run, and sometimes after the second test has run. In
fact, I've managed to find out that if it eventually hangs after the
first test, it will then eventually will hang after the second test
and vice versa hence, there's some kind of correlation or interplay
between the two tests going on here. Has anyone any ideas as to what
the problem is? Should I mark the intermittently hanging tests as
SKIP or TODO for later investigation? Also, I thought someone ought
to know...

Regards,

Paul

BTW, here's the output of myconfig:

Summary of my parrot 0.4.6 (r15065) configuration:
configdate='Tue Oct 31 12:31:46 2006'
Platform:
osname=linux, archname=i386-linux
jitcapable=1, jitarchname=i386-linux,
jitosname=LINUX, jitcpuarch=i386
execcapable=1
perl=/usr/bin/perl5.8.8
Compiler:
cc='i386-pc-linux-gnu-gcc', ccflags=' -pipe
-Wdeclaration-after-statement -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_GNU_SOURCE -I /usr/include',
Linker and Libraries:
ld='i386-pc-linux-gnu-gcc', ldflags=' -L/usr/local/lib',
cc_ldflags='',
libs='-lpthread -lnsl -ldl -lm -lcrypt -lutil -lrt -lgmp
-lreadline -lncurses'
Dynamic Linking:
share_ext='.so', ld_share_flags='-shared -L/usr/local/lib -fPIC',
load_ext='.so', ld_load_flags='-shared -L/usr/local/lib -fPIC'
Types:
iv=long, intvalsize=4, intsize=4, opcode_t=long, opcode_t_size=4,
ptrsize=4, ptr_alignment=1 byteorder=1234,
nv=double, numvalsize=8, doublesize=8