Naming PAST-pm compiler tool chain

Allison Randal

Nov 26, 2006, 6:47:18 PM11/26/06
to Perl 6 Internals
How about "Partridge"? It starts with 'p', it's a bird, and brings to
mind "Partridge in a Pear Tree" which goes with the theme of tree-based
compiler tools (PGE outputs trees, TGE munges trees). We can pretend we
named it after Kurt Partridge for his work on ZPL or Andrew Partridge
for his work on portable, parallel Haskell compilers.

Allison

Jonathan Worthington

Nov 27, 2006, 3:03:21 PM11/27/06
to Allison Randal, Perl 6 Internals
On the first day of Christmas my true love sent to me,
A Partridge with a parse tree,

On the second day of Chritmas my true love sent to me,
Two ASTs,
And a Partridge with a parse tree,

On the third day of Chritmas my true love sent to me,
Three POST nodes,
Two ASTs,
And a Partridge with a parse tree,

On the forth day of Chritmas my true love sent to me,
Four bytes of bytecode,
Three POST nodes,
Two ASTs,
And a Partridge with a parse tree,

On the fifth day of Chritmas my true love sent to me,
FIVE LANGUAGES COMPILING!
Four bytes of bytecode,
Three POST nodes,
Two ASTs,
And a Partridge with a parse tree,

On the sixth day of Chritmas my true love sent to me,
Six versions of Perl,
FIVE LANGUAGES COMPILING!
Four bytes of bytecode,
Three POST nodes,