Fwd: About STM in Parrot

Leopold Toetsch

Apr 21, 2006, 2:49:32 PM4/21/06
to Perl 6 Internals

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Caio Marcelo" <cmar...@gmail.com>
> Date: April 20, 2006 17:42:15 CEST
> To: l...@toetsch.at
> Subject: About STM in Parrot
>
> Hello Leopold Toetsch,
>
> I'm a undergrad student and am considering applying for Summer of Code
> with a Perl project involving implement STM (software transactional
> memory) in Parrot. Your name was mentioned when I asked for more
> information about the topic in #parrot channel.
>
> I'm reading some stuff about STM already (haskell related papers), but
> being a newbie in Parrot (just read some of the talks and the 'On the
> Architecture of the Parrot virtual machine'), I was looking for some
> tips how to start learning about Parrot and if there is some progress
> STM implementation.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Caio Marcelo

Leopold Toetsch

Apr 21, 2006, 5:26:40 PM4/21/06
to Caio Marcelo, Jesse Vincent, Perl 6 Internals

On Apr 21, 2006, at 20:49, Leopold Toetsch wrote:

>> I'm a undergrad student and am considering applying for Summer of Code
>> with a Perl project involving implement STM (software transactional
>> memory) in Parrot.

STM would be definitely a very interesting and worthy project. There
was a bit of discussion about STM here on this list too.

We are currently figuring out, which projects may be part of SoC. More
to come soon ...

leo

Caio Marcelo

Apr 26, 2006, 12:25:27 AM4/26/06
to perl6-i...@perl.org
On 4/21/06, Leopold Toetsch <l...@toetsch.at> wrote:
> STM would be definitely a very interesting and worthy project. There
> was a bit of discussion about STM here on this list too.
>
> We are currently figuring out, which projects may be part of SoC. More
> to come soon ...

when / where ? =)

--
Caio Marcelo