HLL, perl6

Skip to the first unread message

Will Coleda

10 Jul 2006, 00:10:3710/07/2006
to parrot-...@perl.org
I am currently trying to add some PGE to tcl (for the [expr] command,
where the optok parsing will be very helpful).

While debugging, I noticed that perl6 isn't using the .HLL directive:
I suspect the namespace lookup issues I'm having (and perl6 isn't)
might be de to this difference.

Some intrepid coder want to try to switch to using .HLL instead of a
simple .namespace directive?

Regards.

--
Will "Coke" Coleda
wi...@coleda.com

Patrick R. Michaud

10 Jul 2006, 15:41:2810/07/2006
to Will Coleda, parrot-...@perl.org
On Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 12:10:37AM -0400, Will Coleda wrote:
> I am currently trying to add some PGE to tcl (for the [expr] command,
> where the optok parsing will be very helpful).
>
> While debugging, I noticed that perl6 isn't using the .HLL directive:
> I suspect the namespace lookup issues I'm having (and perl6 isn't)
> might be de to this difference.
>
> Some intrepid coder want to try to switch to using .HLL instead of a
> simple .namespace directive?

I tried this back in March, but namespace handling at the time
wasn't really up to the task. But overall namespaces have been
vastly improved since then, so I'll probably make another attempt
at it soon (unless someone else wants to take a crack at it, in
which case I'll be glad to provide any help needed).

Pm