[perl #41226] [TODO] hunt through DEPRECATED.pod and find things to deprecate

Jerry Gay

Jan 10, 2007, 4:37:32 PM1/10/07
to bugs-bi...@rt.perl.org
# New Ticket Created by Jerry Gay
# Please include the string: [perl #41226]

there's plenty of items in DEPRECATED.pod that have been there for a
release or more, and are ripe for the picking. deprecate them, and
modify changelog, DEPRECATED and other documents as necessary.

~jerry

Will Coleda via RT

Dec 17, 2007, 1:05:52 AM12/17/07
to perl6-i...@perl.org
On Sat Dec 01 14:49:04 2007, coke wrote:
> On Wed Mar 21 20:42:59 2007, coke wrote:

> > On Wed Jan 10 13:37:32 2007, particle wrote:
> > > there's plenty of items in DEPRECATED.pod that have been there for a
> > > release or more, and are ripe for the picking. deprecate them, and
> > > modify changelog, DEPRECATED and other documents as necessary.
> > >
> > > ~jerry
> >
> > Once everything in DEPRECATED.pod has a ticket associated with it,
> > this placeholder ticket can
> > be closed.
> >

> All explicit items now have tickets.
>

> =head1 new object system [post 0.5.0]
>
> The object system of Parrot is being overhauled. This touches some opcode
> and PIR syntax. So some deprecation can be found in pdd17_pmc.pod.
> <<
>
> Any items in PDD17 should be pulled out and have tickets associated with
> them. (Ditto for any other deprecation notices in the source or docs.)

This is as done as it's going to get, I think; I just went through the repo scanning for
deprecated and making sure there's a ticket for things, removing things that were already
gone (but still talked about), and re-opening tickets for things that are generating
deprecation warnings rather than just being ripped out.

DEPRECATED.pod is now in good shape for the 0.5.1 release; After the release is a great time
to go through this file and make good on our warnings.

Closing ticket.