Re: [svn:parrot] r28689 - trunk/languages/perl6/t

1 view

Patrick R. Michaud

Jun 25, 2008, 1:34:51 PM6/25/08
to perl6-c...@perl.org
> +S02-builtin_data_types/num.t
> S02-builtin_data_types/type.t
> S02-literals/autoref.t
> S02-literals/hex_chars.t # pure
> S02-literals/radix.t
> S02-polymorphic_types/subset-code.t # pure
> S02-polymorphic_types/subset-range.t
> +S03-operators/assign-is-not-binding.t
> S03-operators/autoincrement.t # pure
> S03-operators/comparison.t
> S03-operators/context.t

In the test suite, could we perhaps aim for some
consistency on the use of hyphens versus underscores,
or at least articulate when one is used versus the other?
For example, "assign-is-not-binding.t" versus "hex_chars.t"
in the above.

Personally I vastly prefer hyphens to underscores, but I
suspect people have good reasons for preferring underscores.

This is not a critical issue that needs immediate resolution,
but it would be nice to be aiming towards a common convention.

Pm

Moritz Lenz

Jun 25, 2008, 2:07:11 PM6/25/08
to Patrick R. Michaud, perl6-c...@perl.org, Adrian Kreher
Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>> +S02-builtin_data_types/num.t
>> S02-builtin_data_types/type.t
>> S02-literals/autoref.t
>> S02-literals/hex_chars.t # pure
>> S02-literals/radix.t
>> S02-polymorphic_types/subset-code.t # pure
>> S02-polymorphic_types/subset-range.t
>> +S03-operators/assign-is-not-binding.t
>> S03-operators/autoincrement.t # pure
>> S03-operators/comparison.t
>> S03-operators/context.t
>
> In the test suite, could we perhaps aim for some
> consistency on the use of hyphens versus underscores,
> or at least articulate when one is used versus the other?
> For example, "assign-is-not-binding.t" versus "hex_chars.t"
> in the above.
>
> Personally I vastly prefer hyphens to underscores,

Same here. Since the directly names already match m/^S\d\d-/ I'll assume
that will be our standard.

> but I
> suspect people have good reasons for preferring underscores.
>
> This is not a critical issue that needs immediate resolution,
> but it would be nice to be aiming towards a common convention.

Aye. I'm planning to write a guide on adding tests anyway, and when I'll
get around to it I'll recommend the usage of hyphens in file names
(unless somebody strongly protests in the mean time).

--
Moritz Lenz
http://moritz.faui2k3.org/ | http://perl-6.de/