Official Perl 6 and Parrot wikis

瀏覽次數:0 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Conrad Schneiker

未讀,
2007年12月29日 凌晨4:23:312007/12/29
收件者:perl6-c...@perl.org、perl6-language
For those who didn't know (or didn't recognize the links), these are the
URLs for the official Perl 6 and Parrot wikis:

http://www.perlfoundation.org/perl6/index.cgi

http://www.perlfoundation.org/parrot/index.cgi

Contributions of content are of course always welcome.

Please consider linking to these wikis where appropriate, to help raise
their visibility and utility.

(Also consider dropping a note to perl6-users about major wiki updates of
general interest to Perl 6 test drivers and fans.)

FYI, there's also an official Perl 5 wiki.

http://www.perlfoundation.org/perl5/index.cgi

Best regards,
Conrad Schneiker

www.AthenaLab.com

Mark J. Reed

未讀,
2007年12月29日 上午9:56:452007/12/29
收件者:Conrad Schneiker、perl6-c...@perl.org、perl6-language
.cgi? Is that really a CGI-based implementation? Because that seems
a little, I don't know, backward-looking. Maybe it's just me, but it
seems like it will just feed the all-too-common perception that Perl
is for CGI scripts, and "real" web apps need to be written in
something else (be it Java, PHP, Ruby/Rails, whatever).

Besides, I hope that the language and wiki will be successful enough
that a cgi-based implementation will completely fail to scale to meet
demand. :)

--
Mark J. Reed <mark...@mail.com>

Gabor Szabo

未讀,
2007年12月29日 上午11:11:032007/12/29
收件者:Mark J. Reed、Conrad Schneiker、perl6-c...@perl.org、perl6-language
On Dec 29, 2007 4:56 PM, Mark J. Reed <mark...@mail.com> wrote:
> .cgi? Is that really a CGI-based implementation? Because that seems
> a little, I don't know, backward-looking. Maybe it's just me, but it
> seems like it will just feed the all-too-common perception that Perl
> is for CGI scripts, and "real" web apps need to be written in
> something else (be it Java, PHP, Ruby/Rails, whatever).
>
> Besides, I hope that the language and wiki will be successful enough
> that a cgi-based implementation will completely fail to scale to meet
> demand. :)

Maybe the site maintainers could add an Apache rewrite rule
so the URLs used by the public will be

http://www.perlfoundation.org/perl6/index.p6
and
http://www.perlfoundation.org/parrot/index.parrot

That would change the perception and we would not need to explain
about mod_perl running the .cgi scripts at the rate 100-200 faster
than good old CGI.

When asked if they really run on Perl 6 and Parrot we could just smile...

Gabor

Chromatic

未讀,
2007年12月29日 下午3:14:452007/12/29
收件者:perl6-c...@perl.org、Mark J. Reed、perl6-language
On Saturday 29 December 2007 06:56:45 Mark J. Reed wrote:

> Maybe it's just me, but it
> seems like it will just feed the all-too-common perception that Perl
> is for CGI scripts, and "real" web apps need to be written in
> something else (be it Java, PHP, Ruby/Rails, whatever).

Proposed new rule: for every ten contributions to the wiki, you get one
bikeshed mail.

-- c

Mark J. Reed

未讀,
2007年12月29日 下午4:35:002007/12/29
收件者:chromatic、perl6-c...@perl.org、Mark J. Reed、perl6-language
Ok, consider me duly chastised. Sorry for the sidetracking.

Chromatic

未讀,
2007年12月29日 下午4:40:392007/12/29
收件者:Mark J. Reed、perl6-c...@perl.org、perl6-language
On Saturday 29 December 2007 13:35:00 Mark J. Reed wrote:

> Ok, consider me duly chastised. Sorry for the sidetracking.

It's not a *bad* idea, but it's less important in my mind than getting useful
information on the wiki. Anyone who wants to pursue it can do so, but I'd
like to forestall a long digression on the list about it. That's all.

-- c

0 則新訊息