5.8.7

Nicholas Clark

May 31, 2005, 11:48:18 AM5/31/05
to perl5-...@perl.org
And now, imagine the triumphant procession: Peter at the head;
after him the hunters leading the wolf; and winding up the
procession, grandfather and the cat.

Grandfather shook his head discontentedly: "Well, and if Peter
hadn't caught the wolf? What then?"

From the narration to "Peter and the Wolf" by Sergei Prokofiev

http://opensource.fotango.com/~nclark/perl-5.8.7.tar.bz2

(or s/bz2$/gz/ if you really want a 25% larger download.)

coming soon to a CPAN mirror near you soon as

ftp://ftp.perl.org/pub/CPAN/src/perl-5.8.7.tar.bz2

md5sums are

9a175d6ccbb5d9b41ffac5073ff9cc3c perl-5.8.7.tar.bz2
dacefa1fe3c5b6d7bbc334ad94826131 perl-5.8.7.tar.gz

I think that it's unlikely that the use.perl announcement will be before
Thursday, as it seems that funet master hasn't synced from PAUSE since I
uploaded it last night, and in turn as funet is going down tomorrow, the
tarballs won't get out to most of the mirrors until some point on Thursday.

So until then it's the above URL or in http://www.ccl4.org/~nick/P/

Nicholas Clark

H.Merijn Brand

May 31, 2005, 12:08:34 PM5/31/05
to perl5-...@perl.org
On Tue, 31 May 2005 16:48:18 +0100, Nicholas Clark <ni...@ccl4.org> wrote:

> And now, imagine the triumphant procession: Peter at the head;
> after him the hunters leading the wolf; and winding up the
> procession, grandfather and the cat.
>
> Grandfather shook his head discontentedly: "Well, and if Peter
> hadn't caught the wolf? What then?"
>
> From the narration to "Peter and the Wolf" by Sergei Prokofiev
>

> http://opensource.fotango.com/~nclark/perl-5.8.7.tar.bz2
>
> (or s/bz2$/gz/ if you really want a 25% larger download.)
>
> coming soon to a CPAN mirror near you soon as
>
> ftp://ftp.perl.org/pub/CPAN/src/perl-5.8.7.tar.bz2

And http://home.hccnet.nl/h.m.brand/dor-5.8.7.diff for the defined-or
patches. The upload to PAUSE was OK, but it did not yet make it to the CPAN
mirrors

--
H.Merijn Brand Amsterdam Perl Mongers (http://amsterdam.pm.org/)
using Perl 5.6.2, 5.8.0, 5.8.5, & 5.9.2 on HP-UX 10.20, 11.00 & 11.11,

Aaron Sherman

May 31, 2005, 4:14:06 PM5/31/05
to Nicholas Clark, Perl5 Porters List
On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 11:48, Nicholas Clark wrote:

> http://opensource.fotango.com/~nclark/perl-5.8.7.tar.bz2

Shared on Gnutella as:

magnet:?xt=urn:sha1:ZFDXY37HNMQAAM3JJPOFKWQCOZJD2QRI

I rate-limit uploads a bit, but hopefully others will jump in and seed
this with me....

--
Aaron Sherman <a...@ajs.com>
Senior Systems Engineer and Toolsmith

Dan Kogai

Jun 1, 2005, 12:21:23 AM6/1/05
to Nicholas Clark, perl5-...@perl.org
On Jun 01, 2005, at 00:48 , Nicholas Clark wrote:
> http://opensource.fotango.com/~nclark/perl-5.8.7.tar.bz2

Congratulations!

I found one glitch, however.
On Panther (Mac OS X v10.4.1) and XCode 2.0,

make
make test
make install

seem to ignore dependencies; for each make it starts from the very
beginning.
Is this a known issue?

Dan the Perl 5 Porter

Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes

Jun 1, 2005, 1:25:05 AM6/1/05
to Dan Kogai, Nicholas Clark, perl5-...@perl.org

It's always done that for me on cygwin and os2 (at least, it's reentered
each extension directory, if that's what you are talking about.)

I avoid it on the test step by doing:

make all test_prep
make _test_notty
make install-verbose

It'd be nice if there were dependency-less versions of the install
targets too.