't was 16 years ago todoy

Johan Vromans

Dec 18, 2003, 3:12:26 AM12/18/03
to perl5-...@perl.org, l-nl-pm

't was 16 years ago today
Larry taught us a new game
of lazyness, impatience, and hubris
Happy birthday, Perl!

-- Johan

Richard Clamp

Dec 18, 2003, 10:00:09 AM12/18/03
to Johan Vromans, perl5-...@perl.org

As a birthday gift, I've dusted off perl 1, added the gcc-3 fix, and
released perl-1.0_16.

My thanks to everyone on #p5p who helped with this.

--
Richard Clamp <rich...@unixbeard.net>

Richard Foley

Dec 18, 2003, 10:30:29 AM12/18/03
to Richard Clamp, Johan Vromans, perl5-...@perl.org
Any chance of an URL?

:-)

--
Ciao
Richard Foley

Steve Hay

Dec 18, 2003, 10:39:35 AM12/18/03
to richar...@rfi.net, perl5-...@perl.org
Richard Foley wrote:

>Any chance of an URL?

I just grabbed it from

http://unixbeard.net/~richardc/

which I found from http://search.cpan.org/~rclamp/ ;)

> :-)
>
>On Thursday 18 December 2003 16:00, Richard Clamp wrote:
>

>>On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 09:12:26AM +0100, Johan Vromans wrote:
>>

>>> 't was 16 years ago today
>>> Larry taught us a new game
>>> of lazyness, impatience, and hubris
>>> Happy birthday, Perl!
>>>
>>>-- Johan
>>>

>>As a birthday gift, I've dusted off perl 1, added the gcc-3 fix, and
>>released perl-1.0_16.
>>
>>My thanks to everyone on #p5p who helped with this.

Radan Computational Ltd.

The information contained in this message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this message in error or there are any problems, please notify the sender immediately. The unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden. Note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Radan Computational Ltd. The recipient(s) of this message should check it and any attached files for viruses: Radan Computational will accept no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Richard Foley

Dec 18, 2003, 11:00:05 AM12/18/03
to Steve Hay, perl5-...@perl.org
Way too complicated for me.

Thanks for all the s/fish/link/

:-)

Richard Clamp

Dec 18, 2003, 11:23:23 AM12/18/03
to richar...@rfi.net, Johan Vromans, perl5-...@perl.org
On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 04:30:29PM +0100, Richard Foley wrote:
> Any chance of an URL?

No, it *my* precious.

I mean from either CPAN, or
http://dev.perl.org/perl1/dist/perl-1.0_16.tar.gz

--
Richard Clamp <rich...@unixbeard.net>

Bennett Todd

Dec 18, 2003, 1:31:42 PM12/18/03
to Richard Clamp, perl5-...@perl.org
2003-12-18T10:00:09 Richard Clamp:

> As a birthday gift, I've dusted off perl 1, added the gcc-3 fix,
> and released perl-1.0_16.

How nice!

If anybody out there likes to software package everything they
install, the appended spec file may be helpful --- it produced a
nice package for my currently-under-dev new Linux distro.

I elected to rename perl->perl1. What can I say, I'm a decadent.

-Bennett

pkg = "perl-1.0_16";
url = "http://unixbeard.net/~richardc/perl-1.0_16.tar.gz";
build = [[
tar xzf perl-1.0_16.tar.gz
cd perl-1.0_16
./Configure -des
make LDFLAGS=-static
mkdir -p $BPM_ROOT/usr/bin
install -s perl $BPM_ROOT/usr/bin/perl1
make perl.man
mkdir -p $BPM_ROOT/usr/share/man/man1
install perl.man $BPM_ROOT/usr/share/man/man1/perl1.1
]];