mod_perl under 5.10 SEGV

Andreas J. Koenig

Dec 10, 2007, 4:41:09 AM12/10/07
to The Perl5 Porters Mailing List, Rafael Garcia-Suarez
Since last night PAUSE is running under 5.10-RC2. With
MaxRequestPerChild set to 1 I get a SEGV after every request. Users
seem to not be affected. Unfortunately I built without -g, so the
backtrace is a bit thin. I'll re-do with -g in the evening.

#0 0x0812d4ab in Perl_av_undef ()
#1 0x080862b2 in perl_shutdown ()
#2 0x0808789a in perl_handler ()
#3 0x080a6ce5 in ap_run_cleanup ()
#4 0x080a54bf in ap_clear_pool ()
#5 0x080a5533 in ap_destroy_pool ()
#6 0x080b3a56 in ap_add_version_component ()
#7 0x080b6f23 in ap_child_terminate ()
#8 0x080b7670 in ap_child_terminate ()
#9 0x080b7a9b in ap_child_terminate ()
#10 0x080b812b in ap_child_terminate ()
#11 0x080b8788 in main ()

--
andreas

Rafael Garcia-Suarez

Dec 11, 2007, 5:12:55 AM12/11/07
to Andreas J. Koenig, The Perl5 Porters Mailing List
On 10/12/2007, Andreas J. Koenig

<andreas.koe...@franz.ak.mind.de> wrote:
> Since last night PAUSE is running under 5.10-RC2. With
> MaxRequestPerChild set to 1 I get a SEGV after every request. Users
> seem to not be affected. Unfortunately I built without -g, so the
> backtrace is a bit thin. I'll re-do with -g in the evening.
>
> #0 0x0812d4ab in Perl_av_undef ()
> #1 0x080862b2 in perl_shutdown ()

That function comes from mod_perl.
av_undef() can't be passed a null array; an assert() has been added as
change #26513. Maybe just a check should be added to perl_shutdown ?
(What version of mod_perl are you using ? I can't locate that av_undef
in the code)

Steve Hay

Dec 11, 2007, 5:36:40 AM12/11/07
to Rafael Garcia-Suarez, Andreas J. Koenig, The Perl5 Porters Mailing List
Rafael Garcia-Suarez wrote:
> On 10/12/2007, Andreas J. Koenig
> <andreas.koe...@franz.ak.mind.de> wrote:
>> Since last night PAUSE is running under 5.10-RC2. With
>> MaxRequestPerChild set to 1 I get a SEGV after every request. Users
>> seem to not be affected. Unfortunately I built without -g, so the
>> backtrace is a bit thin. I'll re-do with -g in the evening.
>>
>> #0 0x0812d4ab in Perl_av_undef ()
>> #1 0x080862b2 in perl_shutdown ()
>
> That function comes from mod_perl.
> av_undef() can't be passed a null array; an assert() has been added as
> change #26513. Maybe just a check should be added to perl_shutdown ?
> (What version of mod_perl are you using ? I can't locate that av_undef
> in the code)

Sorry, I should have been paying more attention to this thread. I fixed
this in mod_perl back in July (although mod_perl-1.31 hasn't yet been
released so it's only in svn):

Andreas J. Koenig

Dec 11, 2007, 4:56:23 PM12/11/07
to Steve Hay, Rafael Garcia-Suarez, Andreas J. Koenig, The Perl5 Porters Mailing List

> Sorry, I should have been paying more attention to this thread. I fixed
> this in mod_perl back in July (although mod_perl-1.31 hasn't yet been
> released so it's only in svn):

Thanks for the pointer Steve, I'll give it a try.

--
andreas

Andreas J. Koenig

Dec 13, 2007, 1:23:37 AM12/13/07
to Steve Hay, Rafael Garcia-Suarez, The Perl5 Porters Mailing List, Andreas J. Koenig

>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=555908

Works nicely. Now also uploaded into my CPAN directory as
ANDK/mod_perl-1.30-SHAY-01.patch.gz

PAUSE is now running with bleadperl@32603.

Thanks,
--