Nick Ing-Simmons

Shona McNeill

Sep 26, 2006, 2:03:31 PM9/26/06
to perl5-...@perl.org
I am sad to inform you all that yesterday evening, Nick Ing-Simmons died
following a massive heart attack.

His partner, Medi is concerned to ensure that this news reaches all his
friends online. Please pass this message on to all who knew him.

He will be greatly nissed.

Shona McNeill, PSDCE (formerly Elixent Ltd.)

Tels

Sep 26, 2006, 3:39:10 PM9/26/06
to perl5-...@perl.org, zen3...@zen.co.uk

Mark Jason Dominus

Sep 26, 2006, 3:39:52 PM9/26/06
to Shona McNeill, perl5-...@perl.org

> I am sad to inform you all that yesterday evening, Nick Ing-Simmons died
> following a massive heart attack.

This is terrible news. I knew Nick only professionally, but among
one's professional acquaintances there are those who talk and those
who do, and Nick was always at the top of the list of those who do.
Perl will be much the poorer for his loss, and I am sure we will all
miss his contributions terribly.

Please give Medi my sincerest condolences.

Jarkko Hietaniemi

Sep 26, 2006, 4:49:19 PM9/26/06
to Shona McNeill, perl5-...@perl.org
At a loss for words. My deepest condolences to Medi.

Steve Lidie

Sep 26, 2006, 5:05:38 PM9/26/06
to Shona McNeill, perl5-...@perl.org, p...@lists.stanford.edu

On Sep 26, 2006, at 2:03 PM, Shona McNeill wrote:

> I am sad to inform you all that yesterday evening, Nick Ing-Simmons
> died
> following a massive heart attack.
>
> His partner, Medi is concerned to ensure that this news reaches all
> his
> friends online. Please pass this message on to all who knew him.

A great, intelligent, man with whom I worked for 10 years, but never
got to meet in person. My condolences to Medi and family ...

Graham Barr

Sep 26, 2006, 8:02:04 PM9/26/06
On Sep 26, 2006, at 1:03 PM, Shona McNeill wrote:
> I am sad to inform you all that yesterday evening, Nick Ing-Simmons
> died
> following a massive heart attack.

This is very sad and a huge loss. Not just for those in the
communities that he participated in, but for anyone who knew Nick.

I was privileged to work with Nick at Texas Instruments for 7 years.
During that time he taught me many things. I have always felt a great
debt to Nick for how he helped shape my early career. He was an
intelligent person with a willingness to share his knowledge to help
others and one who had a great passion about everything he did.

He will be missed by many.

My sincere condolences go out to Medi and all of Nicks family.

Graham.

Dan Kogai

Sep 27, 2006, 3:29:50 AM9/27/06
to Shona McNeill, Perl Porters 5
On Sep 27, 2006, at 03:03 , Shona McNeill wrote:
> I am sad to inform you all that yesterday evening, Nick Ing-Simmons
> died
> following a massive heart attack.

My goodness. I don't know what to say.
So sad as this news is, I would like to thank him again for his
enormous contribution to the perl community. Encode is just a small
part thereof.

> His partner, Medi is concerned to ensure that this news reaches all
> his
> friends online. Please pass this message on to all who knew him.

My deepest condolences to Medi and all others who share this loss.

Dan the Maintainer of a Module He Started

Steve Hay

Sep 27, 2006, 3:50:16 AM9/27/06
Shona McNeill wrote:
> I am sad to inform you all that yesterday evening, Nick Ing-Simmons died
> following a massive heart attack.

I'm very sad to hear this. Nick was always one of the most patient and
generous people out there helping anyone in any way that he could.

He kindly helped me on many occasions, and I sometimes feel like Nick
taught my everything that I know about XS.

I hope it's a small consolation to his family that he'll be so greatly
missed by so many people who, like myself, never even met him.

Steve

Radan Computational Ltd.

The information contained in this message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this message in error or there are any problems, please notify the sender immediately. The unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden. Note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Radan Computational Ltd. The recipient(s) of this message should check it and any attached files for viruses: Radan Computational will accept no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Andy Dougherty

Sep 27, 2006, 9:14:58 AM9/27/06
to Shona McNeill, Perl Porters
This is very sad news indeed. He gave generously of his time and talent,
and Perl is much the richer for it.

Indeed, he will be missed.

--
Andy Dougherty doug...@lafayette.edu

Peter Scott

Sep 28, 2006, 10:11:40 AM9/28/06
to perl5-...@perl.org
On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 19:03:31 +0100, Shona McNeill wrote:
> I am sad to inform you all that yesterday evening, Nick Ing-Simmons died
> following a massive heart attack.

I am so sad to hear this. I only met Nick a few times in person, but
those times confirmed what I knew from on-line: he was a good man who did
good things and always treated people with impeccable respect. I will
miss him greatly.

My sincerest condolences to Medi and his family and friends.

--
Peter Scott