run script in windows automatically with params.

ZoharLe

Jan 1, 2006, 4:57:48 AM1/1/06

I'm using ActiveState interpreter for windows. How can I run a script
automatically(without perl before it) with paramters?

I've associated the .pl extention with perl.exe interpeter, but it
doesn't take parameters.

Thanks.

Paul Lalli

Jan 1, 2006, 7:54:48 AM1/1/06

You have to tell windows to use the entire command line as arguments to
the interpreter which runs the scripts.

Open up any folder, and click on Tools -> Folder Options -> File Types.
Find the PL extension, and highlight it. Click on Advanced. Find the
action that runs the script (probably "Run" or "Open") and click Edit.
Under "Application used to perform action;", type:
C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe "%1" %*
Click Ok out of all the boxes, and you should be good to go.

Paul Lalli

ZoharLe

Jan 1, 2006, 8:53:02 AM1/1/06
awesome