FLAC Support

Warren

Apr 28, 2010, 11:19:38 AM4/28/10
to perian discussion
Dear Perian,
How difficult or easy would it be for implementation of FLAC within
Perian and therefore iTunes?
So many of us require FLAC in iTunes but Apple seem to be avoiding the
issue.
Kind regards,
Warren

Christopher Forsythe

Apr 28, 2010, 5:06:37 PM4/28/10
to perian-...@googlegroups.com
Can't you use xiphqt for that? Or am I mistaken?

Chris

Alexander Strange

Apr 29, 2010, 1:28:15 AM4/29/10
to perian discussion
You can't (it only supports .ogg, not .flac), but this will do it:
http://people.xiph.org/~arek/flac_import/

Adding support for .flac to Perian should be possible, but I haven't
been bothered to since that component exists.
If someone else wants to try it, look for the commit that added .tta
then do the same thing (except that codecList.m4 replaced some of the
repetitive stuff).
.ape should be possible too.