Pencil 1.1 on Ubuntu 9.10 amd64

Warpitaly

Jan 15, 2010, 3:43:25 AM1/15/10
to Pencil Users
Greetings,
I'm trying to run Pencil 1.1 on Ubuntu 9.10 - amd64.

The error I receive is the following:
Could not find compatible GRE between version 1.9 and 1.9.2.*.

Any hints?

Duong Thanh An

Jan 15, 2010, 8:09:51 AM1/15/10
to penci...@googlegroups.com
You need to install the xulrunner first. I will investigate to see why the installation of Pencil can be done without dependency checking.

Thank you for the notice.
/an

Warpitaly

Jan 15, 2010, 8:13:40 AM1/15/10
to Pencil Users
Thanks for the reply.

I did install xulrunner; the problem is that ubuntu's repositories are
still stuck to 1.8.1.16

And there's no dependency checking because there's no installation for
ubuntu 9.10@64bit

On Jan 15, 2:09 pm, Duong Thanh An <dgthan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You need to install the xulrunner first. I will investigate to see why the
> installation of Pencil can be done without dependency checking.
>
> Thank you for the notice.
> /an
>

> On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 3:43 PM, Warpitaly <giorgio.dava...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Greetings,
> > I'm trying to run Pencil 1.1 on Ubuntu 9.10 - amd64.
>
> > The error I receive is the following:
> > Could not find compatible GRE between version 1.9 and 1.9.2.*.
>
> > Any hints?

Warpitaly

Jan 15, 2010, 8:18:03 AM1/15/10
to Pencil Users
I shall correct myself!

xx@yy:Pencil$ sudo dpkg -l | grep xulrunner
rc xulrunner
1.8.1.16+nobinonly-0ubuntu1 XUL + XPCOM application
runner
rc xulrunner-1.9
1.9.0.14+build2+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.9.04.1 XUL + XPCOM application
runner
ii xulrunner-1.9.1
1.9.1.7+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.9.10.1 XUL + XPCOM application
runner
ii xulrunner-1.9.1-gnome-support
1.9.1.7+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.9.10.1 Support for GNOME in
xulrunner-1.9.1 applica

Warpitaly

Jan 15, 2010, 8:54:55 AM1/15/10
to Pencil Users
A -TEMP- solution (thanks Olivier for the hint):
Create a script that runs
xulrunner /pathtoPencil/application.ini

Olivier's original suggestion was to run
xulrunner -i /pathtoPencil/application.ini
but the outcome to me is "Error: unrecognized application.ini path."

Giorgio