Cholmondeley/Hanbury engagement

Richard R

Jun 23, 2009, 4:30:02 AM6/23/09
to Peerage News
The engagement was announced 23 June 2009 between the Marquess of
Cholmondeley, son of Lavinia, Marchioness of Cholmondeley and the late
Marquess of Cholmondeley, of Malpas, Cheshire, and Rose, younger
daughter of Mr and Mrs Timothy Hanbury, of Wembury, Devon..—

Telegraph notice:
http://announcements.telegraph.co.uk/engagements/23-May-2009/23-Jun-2009/cholmondeley/1/announcement100597.aspx

The bride to be is Rose Sarah (b 1984), younger dau of Timothy James
HANBURY (b 1952) of the LG family of Drumstinchall formerly of Poles
(son of James Robert HANBURY, (1914-?) and his 2nd wife Sara Margaret,
dau of Sir Henry BIRKIN, 3rd Bt. The bride's mother is Emma (b 1959)
dau of Lady Elizabeth Mary LAMBART (b 1924, dau of 10th Earl of Cavan)
and Mark Frederic Kerr LONGMAN (d 1972).

marquess

Jun 23, 2009, 5:37:41 AM6/23/09
to Peerage News
Excellent news the best I have heard on these pages for a long time,
along with that of the earl of Pembroke becoming engaged! Let us hope
for many years of happiness for the couple and many children too. Now
if only Lord John's son might stir himself to marriage as wel?

On 22 June, 20:30, Richard R <r_rut...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> The engagement was announced 23 June 2009 between the Marquess of
> Cholmondeley, son of Lavinia, Marchioness of Cholmondeley and the late
> Marquess of Cholmondeley, of Malpas, Cheshire, and Rose, younger
> daughter of Mr and Mrs Timothy Hanbury, of Wembury, Devon..—
>
> Telegraph notice:http://announcements.telegraph.co.uk/engagements/23-May-2009/23-Jun-2...

Olivier

Jun 23, 2009, 5:58:31 AM6/23/09
to Peerage News
David Cholmondeley, Marquess of Cholmondeley is a 7th cousin of a
parent of Sarah Rose Hanbury.

Indeed, George Brudenell, earl of Cardigan and his wife Elizabeth
Bruce are at the same time
ancestors of the 9th generation of Sarah Rose Hanbury
ancestors of the 8th generation of David Cholmondeley, Marquess of
Cholmondeley

Olivier

On 23 juin, 10:30, Richard R <r_rut...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> The engagement was announced 23 June 2009 between the Marquess of
> Cholmondeley, son of Lavinia, Marchioness of Cholmondeley and the late
> Marquess of Cholmondeley, of Malpas, Cheshire, and Rose, younger
> daughter of Mr and Mrs Timothy Hanbury, of Wembury, Devon..—
>
> Telegraph notice:http://announcements.telegraph.co.uk/engagements/23-May-2009/23-Jun-2...

Richard R

Jun 23, 2009, 6:27:31 AM6/23/09
to Peerage News
Thanks Olivier
I'm glad the extensive family info I provided was enabled a quick
response as to their kinship! Great news all round
> > and Mark Frederic Kerr LONGMAN (d 1972).- Hide quoted text -

marquess

Jun 23, 2009, 6:49:44 AM6/23/09
to Peerage News
One can only hope that the heir to marquisate of Camden is taking
note, and prepared to do his part to keep the family going in the male
line?

Heather.T

Jun 23, 2009, 1:27:45 PM6/23/09
to Peerage News
thepeerage.com says her name is Sarah Rose and she was Born March 15,
1984. is that her? because the info below about her parents are the
same.

On Jun 23, 3:30 am, Richard R <r_rut...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> The engagement was announced 23 June 2009 between the Marquess of
> Cholmondeley, son of Lavinia, Marchioness of Cholmondeley and the late
> Marquess of Cholmondeley, of Malpas, Cheshire, and Rose, younger
> daughter of Mr and Mrs Timothy Hanbury, of Wembury, Devon..—
>
> Telegraph notice:http://announcements.telegraph.co.uk/engagements/23-May-2009/23-Jun-2...

Richard R

Jun 23, 2009, 1:31:14 PM6/23/09
to Peerage News
Yes Heather. I assume peerage.com got the details from my original
posting (above)

Shinjinee

Jun 24, 2009, 12:18:33 AM6/24/09
to Peerage News
The bride to be is expecting twins according to Richard Kay of the
Daily Mail who quotes her mother Emma Hanbury. She was once engaged to
Lord Durham's heir (by his first wife Christabel), but has done better
for herself in becoming a marchioness-to-be. Good news for the
marquessate, certainly.

Richard Kay's article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1195057/Thunderbirds-NOT-ITV-reject-relaunch-plan.html

[begin]

Socialite's twin celebration

The wedding of society beauty Rose Hanbury to the Marquess of
Cholmondeley has been brought forward because, I can reveal, the bride-
to-be is expecting twins.
[snip]

The highly eligible Cholmondeley, better known as film-maker David
Rocksavage, 49 on Saturday, and Rose, 25, have been telling friends of
their double celebration - not least because the babies, which are
due early in the New Year, might provide David with a son and heir.

His 50-year-old cousin Charles stands to inherit the 194-year-old
title at present, but he is a bachelor.

'They were getting married anyway - they are just going to bring it
forward,' explains Rose's delighted fashion designer mother Emma, who
is married to Old Etonian website designer Tim Hanbury.

[snip]

Earlier this year, Rose and David embarked on an extended break to
travel the world. 'We think Rose became pregnant as soon as she got
back,' Emma tells me.

Until recently, Rose had been working as a political assistant at
Westminster to Tory Michael Gove, shadow schools secretary, but
stopped because she was suffering from morning sickness.

The engagement has thrilled Rocksavage's admirers, who thought him not
the marrying type. 'Not at all,' says one chum. 'He just hadn't met
the right girl.'

[end quote]

Richard R

Jun 24, 2009, 3:27:08 AM6/24/09
to Peerage News
Perhaps the heir presumptive will follow his cousin's lead and find a
pretty young bride half his age!

On 24 June, 05:18, Shinjinee <SSenpub...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The bride to be is expecting twins according to Richard Kay of the
> Daily Mail who quotes her mother Emma Hanbury. She was once engaged to
> Lord Durham's heir (by his first wife Christabel), but has done better
> for herself in becoming a marchioness-to-be.  Good news for the
> marquessate, certainly.
>
> Richard Kay's article
>
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1195057/Thunderbirds-NOT-ITV-...

Ronald

Jun 24, 2009, 12:58:55 PM6/24/09
to Peerage News
There is a closer connection than the Brudenell one as both descend
from the 6th Duke of Beaufort. David through his Kingscote ancestor
and Rose through her Finch ancestor.

Ronald
> > and Mark Frederic Kerr LONGMAN (d 1972).- Ocultar texto de la cita -
>
> - Mostrar texto de la cita -

Olivier

Jun 24, 2009, 1:46:46 PM6/24/09
to Peerage News

On 24 juin, 18:58, Ronald <ronald.elw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is a closer connection than the Brudenell one as both descend
> from the 6th Duke of Beaufort. David through his Kingscote ancestor
> and Rose through her Finch ancestor.
>
> Ronald

You're totally right Ronald,

David Cholmondeley, Marquess of Cholmondeley is a 5th cousin of a
parent of Sarah Rose Hanbury.

Indeed, Henry Charles Somerset, Duke of Beaufort and Charlotte Sophia
Leveson-Gower are at the same time
ancestors of the 7th generation of Sarah Rose Hanbury
ancestors of the 6th generation of David Cholmondeley

Congratulations Ronald

Shinjinee

Jun 24, 2009, 5:42:25 PM6/24/09
to Peerage News
The British press - well, the Daily Mail and Taki - have been
following this story for a while. We seem to have been caught flat-
footed. I last noticed her relationship with Lord John Somerset some
years back...

On Jun 23, 1:30 pm, Richard R <r_rut...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> The engagement was announced 23 June 2009 between the Marquess of
> Cholmondeley, son of Lavinia, Marchioness of Cholmondeley and the late
> Marquess of Cholmondeley, of Malpas, Cheshire, and Rose, younger
> daughter of Mr and Mrs Timothy Hanbury, of Wembury, Devon..—
>
> Telegraph notice:http://announcements.telegraph.co.uk/engagements/23-May-2009/23-Jun-2...

I just looked up the couple, and realize that they've been stepping
out together for a while. Of course, with the bride-to-be's previous
record, one could'nt say whether the relationship would lead to
marriage...

August 2006 Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/columnists/article-400838/Timing-Francis-tale-isnt-fix-.html

[open]
To the surprise of her many admirers 22-year-old society beauty Rose
Hanbury has started stepping out with flamboyant socialite the
Marquess of Cholmondeley, one of England's most eligible bachelors.

[snip]

So could Rose, who is signed to prestigious model agency Storm, entice
him down the aisle? Intriguingly, the pair met at a party in Tuscany
hosted by Rose's former fiancé, the Earl of Lambton's eco-warrior
grandson Fred.

Since that ephemeral teenage engagement, however, Rose has displayed a
healthy interest in the more mature man, once dating 41-year-old
record producer Lord John Somerset, son of the Duke of Beaufort.
[close]

2008 Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1034193/Fergie-make-TV-comeback.html
[open quote]
Rose-tinted spec?

Mischievous playboy diarist Taki Theodoracopulos set tongues wagging
with the "
Wedding bells? Party girl Rose Hanbury" altruistic suggestion in his
Spectator column that beguiling party girl Rose Hanbury is 'soon to
become a major marchioness'.

[snip]

But Taki tells me: 'Why shouldn't they marry? He's a nice guy and
wants a wife. Plus, she likes him, and not just because he is a
marquess.'

[close]

London Standard recent article
http://74.125.153.132/search?q=cache:http://londonersdiary.standard.co.uk/2009/06/rocksavage-finally-weds-english-rose.html
says they've been dating for three years, so not a short-lived
relationship...
According to his friends, it will be a small civil ceremony.

Hope this helps for those interested in the story.

Shinjinee

marquess

Jun 24, 2009, 7:33:30 PM6/24/09
to Peerage News
Well I wish them many years of happiness and it is great that the are
expecting children already. I wager a boy and a girl, thought two boys
would be nice.

On 24 June, 09:42, Shinjinee <SSenpub...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The British press - well, the Daily Mail and Taki - have been
> following this story for a while. We seem to have been caught flat-
> footed.  I last noticed her relationship with Lord John Somerset some
> years back...
>
> On Jun 23, 1:30 pm, Richard R <r_rut...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The engagement was announced 23 June 2009 between the Marquess of
> > Cholmondeley, son of Lavinia, Marchioness of Cholmondeley and the late
> > Marquess of Cholmondeley, of Malpas, Cheshire, and Rose, younger
> > daughter of Mr and Mrs Timothy Hanbury, of Wembury, Devon..—
>
> > Telegraph notice:http://announcements.telegraph.co.uk/engagements/23-May-2009/23-Jun-2...
>
> I just looked up the couple, and realize that they've been stepping
> out together for  a while. Of course, with the bride-to-be's previous
> record, one could'nt say whether the relationship would lead to
> marriage...
>
> August 2006 Daily Mailhttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/columnists/article-400838/Timing-Fr...
>
> [open]
> To the surprise of her many admirers 22-year-old society beauty Rose
> Hanbury has started stepping out with flamboyant socialite the
> Marquess of Cholmondeley, one of England's most eligible bachelors.
>
> [snip]
>
> So could Rose, who is signed to prestigious model agency Storm, entice
> him down the aisle? Intriguingly, the pair met at a party in Tuscany
> hosted by Rose's former fiancé, the Earl of Lambton's eco-warrior
> grandson Fred.
>
> Since that ephemeral teenage engagement, however, Rose has displayed a
> healthy interest in the more mature man, once dating 41-year-old
> record producer Lord John Somerset, son of the Duke of Beaufort.
> [close]
>
> 2008 Daily Mailhttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1034193/Fergie-make-TV-comeba...
> [open quote]
> Rose-tinted spec?
>
> Mischievous playboy diarist Taki Theodoracopulos set tongues wagging
> with the "
> Wedding bells? Party girl Rose Hanbury" altruistic suggestion in his
> Spectator column that beguiling party girl Rose Hanbury is 'soon to
> become a major marchioness'.
>
> [snip]
>
> But Taki tells me: 'Why shouldn't they marry? He's a nice guy and
> wants a wife. Plus, she likes him, and not just because he is a
> marquess.'
>
> [close]
>
> London Standard recent articlehttp://74.125.153.132/search?q=cache:http://londonersdiary.standard.c...

Richard R

Jun 25, 2009, 11:52:43 AM6/25/09
to Peerage News
"The British press - well, the Daily Mail and Taki - have been
following this story for a while. We seem to have been caught flat-
footed"....

I don't think we (the peerage news group) have been caught flat-
flooted. We reported the engagement the moment it was announced.
If we reported the tittle tattle of every society columnist on the off
chance an engagement might come out of every liaison (assuming even
the gossip was true), then we'd be kept very busy indeed!
> > Shinjinee- Hide quoted text -

Ronald

Jun 25, 2009, 12:06:06 PM6/25/09
to Peerage News

ANCESTORS CHOLMONDELEY – HANBURY

1.

II

2. David George Philip Cholmondeley, 7.Marquess of Cholmondeley *
Cholmondeley Castle 27-6-1960
engaged ..-6-2009
3. Sarah Rose Hanbury * 15-3-1984

III

4. George Hugh Cholmondeley, 6.Marquess of Cholmondeley * Londen
24-4-1919 + Cholmondeley Castle, Malpas 13-3-1990
x Brancaster 14-6-1947
5. Lavinia Margaret Leslie * London 9-9-1921
6. Timothy James Hanbury * 26-9-1952
x 23-7-1980
7. Emma Longman * 14-1-1959

IV

8. George Horatio Charles Cholmondeley, 5.Marquess of Cholmondeley *
London 19-5-1883 + Houghton Hall 16-9-1968
x London 6-8-1913
9. Sybil Rachel Betty Cécile Sassoon * London 30-1-1894 + Houghton
Hall 26-12-1989
10. John Leslie * Kings Lynn ...
x 1916
11. Nanette Margaret Helen Gilliat * 1891
12. James Robert Hanbury * 1914 + 4-3-1971
xII 1-6-1950 (div.1961)
13. Sara (Sally) Margaret Birkin (baronets Birkin) * ca. 1925 + 1976
14. Mark Frederic Kerr Longman * ... + 6-9-1972
x 20-7-1949
15. Lady Elizabeth Mary Lambart * 16-10-1924

16. George Henry Hugh Cholmondeley, 4.Marquess of Cholmondely *
3-7-1858 + 16-3-1923
x London 16-7-1879
17. Winifred Ida Kingscote * Londen 24-4-1862 + 25-10-1938
18. Sir Edward Albert Sassoon, 2.Bt. * Bombay 23-6-1855 + London
24-5-1912
x Paris 18-10-1887
19. Aline Caroline de Rothschild * Paris 21-10-1867 + Paris 28-7-1909
20.
21.
22. Howard Gilliat of Abbots Ripton Hall * 25-1-1848 + 3-12-1906
x Wheathampstead, Hertfordshire 4-6-1878
23. Helen Skipwith (baronets Skipwith) * 1854 + 27-11-1934
24. Robert Evan Hanbury * 1887 + 1918
x 1913
25. Sophia Clare Jacobson * ... + ...; xII 2-9-1919 Andrew John
Graham Murray Graham * 28-1-1878
26. Sir Henry Ralph Stanley Birkin, 3.Bt. * 26-7-1896 + 22-6-1933
x 12-7-1921 (div.1928)
27. Audrey Clara Lilian Latham * 4-4-1899; xII 5-7-1928 Lord Edward
Douglas John Hay (Marquesses of Tweeddale) * 2-11-1888 + Wellington
Barracks 18-6-1944; xIII 28-2-1948 (div.1952) Hon. Niall Greville
Chaplin * 2-8-1908 + 8-2-1963; xIV 12-12-1952 Sir Stewart Graham
Manzies * … + …
28. Henry Kerr Longman * Kensington, London 8-3-1881 + Pyrford,
Woking, Surrey 7-10-1958
x ...
29. N.N.
30. Frederick Rudolph Lambart, 10.Earl of the County of Cavan * Ayot
St Lawrence, Hertfordshire 16-10-1865 + 28-8-1946; Field marshall
xII London 27-11-1922
31. Lady Hester Joan Byng * ... + 31-8-1976

VI

32. Charles George Cholmondeley, Viscount Malpas * 9-7-1829 +
7-12-1869
x 31-10-1854
33. Susan Caroline Dashwood * … + 1891
34. Sir Robert Nigel Fitzhardinge Kingscote * 28-2-1830 + 22-9-1908
xII 5-2-1856
35. Lady Emily Marie Curzon * 1836 + 19-12-1910
36. Sir Abdullah (Albert David) Sassoon, sed. 1890 1.Bt. * Bagdad
25-7-1818 + Brighton 24-10- 1896
x ca. 1838
37. Hannah Moses * 1823 + 1895
38. Gustave Samuel James Baron de Rothschild * Paris 17-2-1829 +
Paris 28-11-1911
x Parijs 8-2-1859
39. Cécile Anspach * Paris 3-2-1840 + Saint-Maximin 22-10-1912
40.
41.
42.
43.
44. John Kirton Gilliat * 14-1-1798 + 5-9-1856
x Croydon, Surrey 9-5-1826
45. Mary Ann Saunders * 1800 + 4-12-1863
46. Lionel Skipwith * Woodborough 5-8-1824 + 18-4-1886
x 9-11-1852
47. Nannette Walker * Woodborough 4-4-1828 + ..-10-1877
48. Evan Hanbury * Paddington, Londen 10-1-1854+ 1918
x ..-7-1886
49. Gwendoline Finch * ca. 1865 + 1942
50. Alfred Jacobson * ...
x ...
51. N.N.
52. Sir Thomas Stanley Birkin, 2.Bt. * 18-10-1857 + 7-4-1931
x 2-6-1894
53. Hon. Margaret Diana Hopetoun Chetwynd * Rathdowne 28-6-1870 +
24-7-1927
54. Sir Thomas Paul Latham, 1.Bt. * 19-6-1855 + 26-10-1931
x 1888
55. Florence Clara Walley * … + 12-12-1950
56. George Henry Longman * ... + 19-8-1938
x 3-4-1880
57. Mary Frances Kerr * 2-3-1856 + 17-4-1941
58.
59.
60. Frederick Edward Gould Lambart, 9.Earl of the County of Cavan *
21-10-1839 + Wheathampstead, Hertfordshire 14-7-1900
x Ayot St Lawrence 22-7-1863
61. Mary Sneade Olive * Ayot St Lawrence 20-2-1846 + Wheathampstead
House 2-8-1905
62. Rev. Francis Edmund Byng, 5.Earl of Stafford * 15-1-1835 +
18-1-1918
xII 4-8-1866
63. Emily Georgina Kerr * ... + 27-10-1929

VII

64. William Henry Hugh Cholmondeley, 3.Marquess of Cholmondeley *
31-8-1800 + 16-12-1884; Son of George James C., 1.Marquess of C., and
Lady Georgina Charlotte Bertie (Dukes of Ancaster and Kestewen)
x 28-2-1825
65. Marcia Emma Georgiana Arbuthnot * … + 3-11-1878; Dr of Charles A.
and Hon. Hester Cholmondeley (Barons Cholmondeley)
66. Sir George Dashwood, 4.Bt. * 17-9-1786 + 22-9-1861; Son of Sir
Henry Watkin D., 3.Bt., and Mary Helen Graham
x 8-9-1815
67. Marianne Sarah Rowley * ... + 24-3-1877; Dr of Sir William R.,
2.Bt, and Susannah Edith Harland (baronets Harland)
68. Thomas Henry Kingscote of Kingscote * 19-1-1799 + 19-12-1861; Son
of Thomas K. and Harriet Peyton
x 8-4-1828
69. Lady Isabella Frances Anne Somerset * ... + 4-2-1831; Dr of Henry
S., 6.Duke of Beaufort, and Lady Charlotte Leveson-Gower (Marquesses
of Stafford)
70. Richard William Penn Curzon-Howe, 2.Baron Curzon of Penn, since
15-7-1821 1.Earl of Howe * 11-12-1796 + 12-5-1870; Son of Hon. Penn
Assheton C. and Sophia Charlotte Howe, Baroness Howe of Langar
xI 20-3-1820
71. Lady Harriet Georgiana Brudenell * ... + 25-10-1836; Dr of Robert
B., 6.Earl of Cardigan, and Penelope Anne Cooke
72. David Sassoon * Bagdad 1792 + Poona ..-11-1864; Trader, founder
of David Sassoon & Sons, moved in 1832 to Bombay, monopolist of the
opiumtrade; Son of Shaikh Sassoon ibn Salah (* Bagdad 1750 + Bushir,
Persia 1830), since 1778 Nasi (=prince of the diaspora) of the Jewish
community in Bagdad, Sarraf Bashi (head banker) in Bagdad, and Amam
Gubbay
xI Bagdad 1807
73. Hannah Joseph * Bagdad 1792 + Calcutta 1826; Dr of Abdullah
Joseph Hayim
74. Meyer Moise Moses * ... + Bombay ...
x ...
75. N. Salomon * ... + ...
76. Jacob (James) Mayer since 29-9-1822 Freiherr v. Rothschild *
Frankfurt 15-5-1792 + Paris 15-11-1868; Bought in 1868 Château Lafite;
Son of the banker Mayer Amschel R. and Gutle Schnapper
x Frankfurt 11-7-1824
77. Betty Rothschild * Frankfurt 15-6-1805 + Boulogne-sur-Seine
1-9-1886; Dr of Salomon Mayer R. and Caroline Stern
78. Philippe Léon Anspach * Metz 1800 + ...; Son of Mayer Lazarus A.
and Breinle Brunette Levy-Treves
x ...
79. Adèle Dreyfus * … + …
80. ; van
81. ; van
82. ; van
83. ; van
84. ; van
85. ; van
86. ; van
87. ; van
88. John Gilliat * Scrivelsby, Lincolnshire 24-3-1761 + Clapham,
Londen 19-4-1819; Son of William G.
x 1792
89. Mary June Kirton * 10-6-1768 + 4-12-1859; Dr of Robert K. and
Elizabeth Stubbs
90. Robert Saunders * ... + ...
x ...
91. N.N.
92. Sir Grey Skipwith, 8.Bt. * 17-9-1771 + 13-5-1852; Son of Sir
Peyton S., 7.Bt., and Anne Miller (dr of Hugh Miller and Jane Bolling,
descendant of Pocahontas)
x 22-4-1801
93. Harriet Townsend * ... + 7-7-1830; Dr of Gore T. and Lady
Elizabeth Windsor (Earls of Plymouth)
94. Thomas Walker * Ravenfield, York 19-7-1795 + 10-7-1843; Son of
Joseph W. and Elizabeth Need
x Newton 21-4-1819
95. Constantia Frances Beresford * Dublin ca. 1795 + 16-9-1871; Dr of
John Claudius B.
96. Robert Hanbury * ... + ...
x ...
97. Caroline N. * ... + ...
98. Rt. Hon. George Henry Finch * 20-2-1835 + 22-5-1907; Son of
George F. (natural son of Earl of Nottingham and Winchilsea) and Lady
Louisa Elizabeth Somerset (Dukes of Beaufort)
x ..-2-1861
99. Emily Eglantine Balfour * ... + 2-4-1865; Dr of John B., 7th of
Balbirnie, and Lady Georgiana Isabel Campbell (Earls Cawdor of
Castlemartin)
100. ; van
101. ; van
102. ; van
103. ; van
104. Sir Thomas Isaac Birkin, since 25-7-1905 1.Bt. * 15-2-1831 +
16-1-1922; Son of Richard B. and Mary Anne Walker
x 9-10-1856
105. Harriet Tebbutt * ca. 1834 + 28-7-1921; Dr of Matthew T. and
Mary Anne Clarke
106. Hon. Henry Weyland Chetwynd * 8-10-1829 + 27-11-1893; Son of
Richard Walter C., 6.Viscount Chetwynd of Bearhaven, and Mary Moss
x 8-2-1858
107. Julia Bosville Davidson * ca. 1832 + 17-10-1901; Dr of Duncan D.
of Tulloch and Hon. Elizabeth Diana Bosville Macdonald (granddr of
William Henry Prince of Great Brittain and Ireland, Duke of
Gloucester)
108. Samuel Latham * ...
x Manchester 16-9-1849
109. Anne Gibson * ...
110. William Henry Walley * … + …
x ...
111. N.N.
112. Thomas Longman * ... + ...
x ...
113. N.N.
114. Lord Frederick Herbert Kerr * 30-9-1818 + 15-1-1896; Son of
William K., 6.Marquess of Lothian, and Lady Harriet Scott (Dukes of
Buccleuch)
x 13-1-1846
115. Emily Sophia Maitland * ... + 16-12-1891; Dr of Sir Peregrine M.
and Lady Sarah Lennox (Dukes of Richmond)
116. ; van
117. ; van
118. ; van
119. ; van
120. Frederick John William Lambart, 8.Earl of the County of Cavan *
Eaglehurst, Hampshire 30-12-1815 + 15-12-1887; Son of George Frederick
Augustus L., Viscount Kilcoursie, and Sarah Coppin
x London 24-7-1838
121. Hon. Caroline Augusta Littleton * 16-5-1817 + Ottawa 18-1-1892;
Dr of Edward John L., 1.Baron Hatherton, and Hyacinthe Mary Wellesley
(natural dr of 2.Earl of Mornington)
122. Rev. John Olive * ...
x Bath 18-8-1831
123. Ellen Brown * ...
124. George Stevens Byng, 2.Earl of Stafford * 8-6-1806 + 29-10-1886;
Son of John B., 1.Earl of S., and Mary Stevens Mackenzie
xI 7-3-1829
125. Lady Agnes Paget * ca. 1809 + 9-10-1845; Dr of Sir Henry William
P., 1.Marquess of Anglesey, and Lady Caroline Elizabeth Villiers
(Earls of Jersey)
126. Lord Frederick Herbert Kerr * 30-9-1818 + 15-1-1896; Son of
William K., 6.Marquess of Lothian, and Lady Harriet Scott (Dukes of
Buccleuch) = 114.
x 13-1-1846
127. Emily Sophia Maitland * ... + 16-12-1891; Dr of Sir Peregrine M.
and Lady Sarah Lennox (Dukes of Richmond) = 115.

Ronald

Michael Rhodes

Jun 25, 2009, 2:20:36 PM6/25/09
to Peerage News
The Marquess of Cholmondeley's descent from King Henry VII

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/Peerage-News/browse_thread/thread/c8af8da6160f5f65/4e13f7d89e20a386?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=henry+VII+cholmondeley#4e13f7d89e20a386

Miss Hanbury's descent (or one of them!) from Henry VII:-

HENRY VII,
King of England = Elizabeth of York, dau of Edward IV
MARY TUDOR = 1515, Charles Brandon, Duke of Suffolk, KG (1484-1545)
(1496-1533)
LADY FRANCES BRANDON =c.1535, Henry Grey, Marquis of Dorset, KG
(d. 1559)
LADY KATHERINE GREY =1560, Edward Seymour, Earl of Hertford
(c.1538-c. 1567)
EDWARD SEYMOUR, Lord Beauchamp = c.1585, Honora Rogers
(1561-1612)
WILLIAM SEYMOUR, 2nd Duke of Somerset =Lady Frances Devereux
(1588-1660)
LADY MARY SEYMOUR =1653? Heneage, 3rd Earl of Winchilsea
(d 1673)
LADY FRANCES FINCH = Thomas Thynne, 1st Viscount Weymouth
(d. 1712)
HON FRANCES THYNNE = Sir Robert Worsley, 4th Baronet
(d. 1750)
FRANCES WORSLEY = John Carteret, 1st Earl Granville
(1693/4-1743)
LADY LOUISA CARTERET = Viscount Weymouth
THOMAS THYNNE, 1st Marquess of Bath = Lady Elizabeth Cavendish-
Bentinck
THOMAS THYNNE, 2nd Marquess of Bath = Hon Isabella Byng
LADY ELIZABETH THYNNE = 1st Earl Cawdor
LADY GEORGIANA CAMPBELL = John Balfour of Balbirnie (Landed Gentry)
EMILY EGLANTINE BALFOUR = Rt Hon George Henry Finch (Landed Gentry)
(d 1865)
GWENDOLEN HARRIET FINCH = Evan Hanbury (Landed Gentry)
(1864- )
ROBERT EVAN HANBURY = Sophia Jacobson
(1887-1918)
JAMES ROBERT HANBURY = Sara Margaret Birkin (Birkin Bt)
(26 Sep 1914- )
TIMOTHY HANBURY = Emma Longman, granddaughter of 10th Earl of Cavan
(26 Sep 1952- )
ROSE HANBURY
(1984- )

-==-

Michael Rhodes

Jun 25, 2009, 2:45:41 PM6/25/09
to Peerage News
Miss Rose Hanbury's maternal descent from Henry VII:-

HENRY VII,
King of England = Elizabeth of York, dau of Edward IV
MARY TUDOR = 1515, Charles Brandon, Duke of Suffolk, KG (1484-1545)
(1496-1533)
LADY FRANCES BRANDON =c.1535, Henry Grey, Marquis of Dorset, KG
(d. 1559)
LADY KATHERINE GREY =1560, Edward Seymour, Earl of Hertford
(c.1538-c. 1567)
EDWARD SEYMOUR, Lord Beauchamp = c.1585, Honora Rogers
(1561-1612)
WILLIAM SEYMOUR, 2nd Duke of Somerset =Lady Frances Devereux
(1588-1660)
HENRY SEYMOUR, Lord Beauchamp = Hon Mary Capell
LADY ELIZABETH SEYMOUR = Thomas Bruce, 3rd Earl of Elgin and 2nd Earl
of Ailesbury
LADY ELIZABETH BRUCE = George Brudenell, 3rd Earl of Cardigan
GEORGE, 1st Duke of MONTAGU = Lady Mary Montagu
(1712-90)
LADY ELIZABETH = Henry, 3rd Duke of Buccleuch and 5th Duke of
Queensberry
LADY HARRIET SCOTT-MONTAGU = William, 6th Marquis of Lothian
(1780-1833)
ADMIRAL LORD FREDERIC KERR = Emily Maitland
(1818-96)
EMILY KERR = 5th Earl of Strafford
(b 1847)
LADY HESTER BYNG, DBE = Field Marshal the 10th Earl of Cavan
(b 1888- )
LADY ELIZABETH LAMBART, Bridesmaid to HRH Princess Elizabeth = Mark
Frederic Kerr Longman (d 6 Sept 1972)
EMMA LONGMAN = Timothy Hanbury
(1959- )

Richard R

Jun 26, 2009, 5:27:48 AM6/26/09
to Peerage News
I'm told the wedding took place yesterday at Chelsea Town Hall.
Anything in today's low papers?

On 25 June, 19:45, Michael Rhodes <mig73allenford2...@yahoo.co.uk>

Richard R

Jun 26, 2009, 5:31:00 AM6/26/09
to Peerage News
I don't count the Torygraph as a low paper.... yet, but here's a piece
from yesterday's paper:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mandrake/5639516/Hasty-nuptials-for-Marquess-of-Cholmondeley-in-a-hurry.html