Townshend/Legge betrothal

Michael Rhodes

Aug 19, 2010, 1:09:19 PM8/19/10
to Peerage News
__The engagement was announced 19 Aug 2010 between Thomas Charles
Townshend, styled Viscount Raynham (b 2 Nov 1977), son and heir of the
8th Marquess Townshend (b 26 Sep 1945) by his late wife, the former
Hermione Ponsnby (see Bessborough E), & Olivia Legge, dau of Mr & Mrs
Christopher Legge.

Is the bride-to-be a scion of the Earls of Dartmouth? I'm having
trouble locating her if so. I can see a Christopher Walter Legge b
circa 1955) but is he wed?

-==-

Olivier

Aug 20, 2010, 2:49:47 AM8/20/10
to Peerage News
Octavia Legge 1980-
Génération 2
2 - Christopher David Legge3 - Sarah Gilmour Marshall 1948-
Génération 3
6 - Philip Donald Howitt Marshall +1996
7 - Doris Pamela Yvonne Gilmour 1914
Génération 4
14 - Douglas Gilmour 1889-1916
15 - Doris Hyacinth Hooker +1977
Génération 5
28 - John, Baronet Gilmour 1845-1920
29 - Henrietta Gilmour +1926
Génération 6
56 - Allan Gilmour 1805-1884
57 - Agnes Strang +1849

On 19 août, 19:09, Michael Rhodes <mig73allenford2...@yahoo.co.uk>

Michael Rhodes

Aug 20, 2010, 3:18:55 AM8/20/10
to Peerage News
Thanks, Olivier

Richard R

Aug 20, 2010, 4:38:06 AM8/20/10
to Peerage News
According to his Times engagement note (28.4.76), Christopher David
Legge is the son of Patrick Legge of Litton Cheney, Dorset. I'm unable
to connect either to the Dartmouths. But that's not to say there isn't
a connection.....

On Aug 20, 8:18 am, Michael Rhodes <mig73allenford2...@yahoo.co.uk>

Pat

Aug 21, 2010, 5:56:24 PM8/21/10
to Peerage News
I`m confused, is the bride to be called Olivia or Octavia?

marquess

Aug 21, 2010, 7:25:19 PM8/21/10
to Peerage News
Well you can become engaged to two people I suppose, and then chose
one to marry!

Richard R

Aug 22, 2010, 4:53:30 AM8/22/10
to Peerage News
It's Octavia according to the Telegraph announcement:

Viscount Raynham and Miss O. Legge
The engagement is announced between Viscount Raynham, son of Marquess
Townshend, of Raynham Hall, and the late Viscountess Raynham and
stepson of Marchioness Townshend, and Octavia, daughter of Mr and Mrs
Christopher Legge, of Kingsclere, Hampshire.

Richard R

Aug 22, 2010, 5:06:52 AM8/22/10
to Peerage News
Octavia Christina (reg Q1 1980 Hammersmith), Her 3 Feb birth announced
in Times 6 Feb 1980 ('a sister for Louisa [Rebecca b 3 Oct 1977]').
Her younger sister, Henrietta Sarah, was born 30 May 1984 (Times 1
June 1984, reg Jul 1984 Basingstoke).

Turenne

Aug 22, 2010, 5:29:20 AM8/22/10
to Peerage News
> On Aug 22, 9:53 am, Richard R <r_rut...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > It's Octavia according to the Telegraph announcement:

According to Burke’s Peerage 107th ed. (2003), p. 1554 Octavia
Christina.

Richard L

Michael Rhodes

Aug 23, 2010, 1:50:20 AM8/23/10
to Peerage News
Eeek! My typo. My fault for logging on in the wee hours of the morn
whedn not fully
conscious.....