Can't get rSpec bundle to work.

chris

Oct 9, 2007, 1:24:00 PM10/9/07
to PeepCode
Does anyone know what is wrong with the rSpec bundle? When I try to
run the tests through textmate this is what I get:
===========
/Users/chrisolsen/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Pristine Copy/
Bundles/RSpec.tmbundle/Support/lib/spec_mate.rb:2:in `require': No
such file to load -- rubygems (LoadError) from /Users/chrisolsen/
Library/Application Support/TextMate/Pristine Copy/Bundles/
RSpec.tmbundle/Support/lib/spec_mate.rb:2 from /tmp/
temp_textmate.tO0ltm:3:in `require' from /tmp/temp_textmate.tO0ltm:3
===========

The file is in the proper location and I have re-installed it.

Linda Derezinski

Oct 9, 2007, 1:36:25 PM10/9/07
to peep...@googlegroups.com
I had to add the following to my bash file
export TM_RSPEC_HOME=/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rspec-1.0.5/
export TM_RUBY=/opt/local/bin/ruby

The wrong versions were being picked up by TextMate

-Linda

chris

Oct 9, 2007, 1:49:39 PM10/9/07
to PeepCode
Thanks for the fast reply, but that didn't seem to solve the problem.

These are the commands that I ran:
export TM_RSPEC_HOME=/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rspec-1.0.8
export TM_RUBY=/usr/local/bin/ruby

I am not sure if the changes that I had to make would make a
difference or not.

I restarted everything, but still no cigar.

Thanks

Linda Derezinski

Oct 9, 2007, 1:55:27 PM10/9/07
to peep...@googlegroups.com
well you need to make sure that they are the correct values for your
environment ;)
These are what work for mine.

so for ruby do:
which ruby

and for the rspec gem look to see if 1.0.8 is actually the one you
have installed. Is that path correct?

-Linda

chris

Oct 9, 2007, 2:06:52 PM10/9/07
to PeepCode
yes, the 1.0.8 is the correct path for the version I have installed.
I did check the path, which is how I found that I was using the 1.0.8
version.

and which ruby produces: /usr/local/bin/ruby

So it looks like the paths that I have set are correct.

chris

Oct 9, 2007, 3:34:19 PM10/9/07
to PeepCode
I created a new project and it works this time.

Thanks for the help