WikiWednesday Tomorrow

Steven Walling

Mar 31, 2009, 3:32:01 PM3/31/09
to PortlandWikiWednesday
So, after talking with Ward, the plan is that we'll have WikiWednesday as normal, and after he's done speaking at CHIFOO about wiki (a few blocks over at CubeSpace), he'll invite them all to WikiWednesday after. This should be about 8-8:30. Be sure to RSVP on Upcoming if you can.

Thanks!

Steven

Grant Kruger

Mar 31, 2009, 3:48:09 PM3/31/09
to pdx...@googlegroups.com
Do we have a topic/goal? CHIFOO are joining us at a time likely later
than I would be able to stay.

Best,
Grant

kotra

Mar 31, 2009, 5:52:02 PM3/31/09
to PortlandWikiWednesday
Glad to hear it'll be occurring as normal. I'll be there at around
5:30, and can probably stick around until 8:30 or so.

As for a goal, my goal is to talk about wiki stuff and have a good
time (hopefully also Pete and I will have a chance to set up a CAPTCHA
on the wiki too).

kotra

On Mar 31, 12:32 pm, Steven Walling <steven.wall...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So, after talking with Ward, the plan is that we'll have WikiWednesday as
> normal, and after he's done speaking at CHIFOO about wiki (a few blocks over
> at CubeSpace), he'll invite them all to WikiWednesday after. This should be
> about 8-8:30. Be sure to RSVP on
> Upcoming<http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/2298523/?ps=5>if you can.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Steven

Dick & Martha Forsyth

Mar 31, 2009, 7:39:41 PM3/31/09
to PortlandWikiWednesday
Ah - so you've solved the Possum problem! Have fun at the meeting!

- Martha

Steven Walling wrote:
> So, after talking with Ward, the plan is that we'll have WikiWednesday
> as normal, and after he's done speaking at CHIFOO about wiki (a few
> blocks over at CubeSpace), he'll invite them all to WikiWednesday
> after. This should be about 8-8:30. Be sure to RSVP on Upcoming
> <http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/2298523/?ps=5> if you can.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Steven

Pete Forsyth

Mar 31, 2009, 8:24:42 PM3/31/09
to PortlandWikiWednesday
Alas I'm still in San Francisco (I'll be attending the WikiWednesday here, though!) By total coincidence, Dave -- who is the other guy we might want to pull in for Captcha stuff -- is in SF as well!

Kotra, maybe we can get together for lunch next week sometime, and knock that sucker out?

Thanks, and everybody have fun tomorrow night! Sorry for the false alarm about the possums. :)

-Pete

kotra

Apr 2, 2009, 1:10:21 AM4/2/09
to PortlandWikiWednesday
sometime during lunch sounds good to me (email me with whenever you're
available).

If anyone is curious; the "topic" idea didn't quite pan out; nobody
seemed interested in getting all together and talking about one thing,
everyone has just been chatting and hanging out. About 7-8 of us
showed up, not counting the CHIFOO folks that came by around 9:30. We
didn't do a lot of talking about wikis specifically (though internetty
stuff and open source stuff was common), but a good time was had by
all. Max's pandeiro was abused by several, my inferior cookies were
surprisingly all consumed, engrishfunny.com was laughed at, and good
times were had by all. A common theme was diagrams and visualization
techniques. No possums were seen.

kotra