keyed entry

Michael Andersen

Sep 1, 2010, 9:27:41 PM9/1/10
to PortlandWikiWednesday
Hello! I tried to get in, but could not. I was late, but still:
Frustrating!

Neither Mark or the office was answering. Just casting my vote for a
longer-term solution to this.

Michael A.

Dave Myers - Open Forest Consortium

Sep 2, 2010, 12:00:25 AM9/2/10
to pdx...@googlegroups.com
Sorry Michael! Mark's out of town on his honeymoon. I no longer carry a cell phone, but do have a little mobile email/text device I should've given you the email address to. -dave myers

- Dave Myers
(503) 852-1437 / google voice

Kotra D

Sep 2, 2010, 1:02:46 AM9/2/10
to pdx...@googlegroups.com
yes, we really need to find a different location for these wiki wednesdays. Even a local bar would be better (except that excludes anyone under 21). If anyone has any suggestions, speak up!

Dave Myers

Sep 2, 2010, 11:32:02 AM9/2/10
to PortlandWikiWednesday
How about this place:
http://portlandwiki.org/Bunk_Bar

It's where my buddy Barrett (who was also locked out of the building)
and I went for a bite after last night's meet.

-dave myers

On Sep 1, 10:02 pm, Kotra D <kotra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> yes, we really need to find a different location for these wiki wednesdays.
> Even a local bar would be better (except that excludes anyone under 21). If
> anyone has any suggestions, speak up!
>
> On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 9:00 PM, Dave Myers - Open Forest Consortium <
>
> opencomm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Sorry Michael! Mark's out of town on his honeymoon. I no longer carry a
> > cell phone, but do have a little mobile email/text device I should've given
> > you the email address to. -dave myers
>
> > On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 6:27 PM, Michael Andersen <mike.ander...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> Hello! I tried to get in, but could not. I was late, but still:
> >> Frustrating!
>
> >> Neither Mark or the office was answering. Just casting my vote for a
> >> longer-term solution to this.
>
> >> Michael A.
>
> >> --
>
> > --
> > - Dave Myers
> > (503) 852-1437 / google voice
>
> >  --
> > .

Raymond King

Sep 2, 2010, 11:46:02 AM9/2/10
to pdx...@googlegroups.com
very sorry about the building access, but moving the meeting does seem to make sense - Ray

Raymond King, CEO
__________________________
AboutUs
107 SE Washington Street
Suite 520
Portland, OR 97214
Office: +1.800.ABOUTUS
Skype IM: Rathbone
Twitter: @Rathbone
__________________________

Kotra D

Sep 2, 2010, 11:48:16 AM9/2/10
to pdx...@googlegroups.com
Sounds fine with me... provided they have free wifi of course!

Dave Myers

Sep 2, 2010, 2:36:36 PM9/2/10
to PortlandWikiWednesday
Ray: Don't think anyone blames AboutUs or you. With all the recent
burglaries in the building, it's understandable why building security
has tightened up. My sense is the main frustration lies with folks
who're unable to get into the building before security locks the doors
and disables the elevator's "up" button. Perhaps the security folks
will agree to an equitable compromise that authorizes a couple of
frustrated WikiWednesday would-be attendees to slap them around a bit.

Kotra: Bunk Bar WiFi access seems to come as a "perk" that's included
with the price of a drink or meal. Seems like every restaurant wants
to thrust its grubby hands into a hungry wiki enthusiast's empty
pockets. Whatever happened to the good ol' "free lunch"?

-dave myers
> > For more options, visit this group athttp://groups.google.com/group/pdxwiki?hl=en.

Kotra D

Sep 2, 2010, 6:36:26 PM9/2/10
to pdx...@googlegroups.com
If we are moving, I just want to say that we are all very grateful to AboutUs for hosting us for a 3 whole years. It is amazing you guys put up with us and our logistical issues for so long. So, thank you.

I will miss the Nutter Butters.

Dave, I think even with that it might be ok; at the very least one of us could buy something and give the wifi password to the rest. If we call them up and explain our interest, they may waive even that "fee" though. I think it will be good to have a place nearby AboutUs so those that work there can easily attend.

kotra

Raymond King

Sep 2, 2010, 6:43:30 PM9/2/10
to pdx...@googlegroups.com
Dave and Kotra, thanks for the kind words, I hope you are able to find a suitable space and you are always welcome here too - Ray.

Dave Myers

Sep 2, 2010, 7:21:41 PM9/2/10
to PortlandWikiWednesday
Ray: I certainly want to echo Kotra in expressing my sincere gratitude
to you, Ward, Mark and everyone at AboutUs for hosting WikiWednesday
this whole time. Thank you all very much!

Kotra: Setting my junior high school-level snide remarks aside, my
initial impression is that Bunk Bar seems like a good space for
WikiWednesday's monthly meet-ups. As you point out, it's close to the
AboutUs office, which hopefully will encourage continued participation
from AboutUs folks. The food is relatively inexpensive and pretty
tasty. And I honestly don't think the staff will scream at us if
someone in the group fails to buy food or drink. But if they do, we
can always inflict some "wiki wrath" on 'em.

-dave myers
> >> For more options, visit this group athttp://groups.google.com/group/pdxwiki?hl=en.
>
> > Raymond King, CEO
> > __________________________
> > AboutUs
> > 107 SE Washington Street
> > Suite 520
> > Portland, OR 97214
> > Office: +1.800.ABOUTUS
> > Cell: +1.503.888.8808
> > Skype IM: Rathbone
> > Twitter: @Rathbone
> > r...@aboutus.org

Kotra D

Sep 2, 2010, 7:33:35 PM9/2/10
to pdx...@googlegroups.com
I'm curious about this "wiki wrath" of which you speak. Maybe we could vandalize their PortlandWiki article. If reverting vandalism on Wikipedia for years has taught me anything, "X is a fag" seems to be the libel of choice. "Bunk Bar is a fag" sound good to you?

(speaking of jr. high school humor...)

Dave Myers

Sep 2, 2010, 8:03:53 PM9/2/10
to PortlandWikiWednesday
Sounds like a good plan. But if they end up commandeering "Bunk Bar is
a Fag" as their commercial motto, let's make 'em pay royalties to
PortlandWiki in order to defray all expenses incurred while restoring
their article to its pre-vandalized condition.

On Sep 2, 4:33 pm, Kotra D <kotra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm curious about this "wiki wrath" of which you speak. Maybe we could
> vandalize their PortlandWiki article. If reverting vandalism on Wikipedia
> for years has taught me anything, "X is a fag" seems to be the libel of
> choice. "Bunk Bar is a fag" sound good to you?
>
> (speaking of jr. high school humor...)
>
> > <pdxwiki%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com<pdxwiki%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>

> > <pdxwiki%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com<pdxwiki%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>

> > groups.google.com/group/pdxwiki?hl=en.

> > groups.google.com/group/pdxwiki?hl=en.

> > groups.google.com/group/pdxwiki?hl=en.
>
> > > Raymond King, CEO
> > > __________________________
> > > AboutUs
> > > 107 SE Washington Street
> > > Suite 520
> > > Portland, OR 97214
> > > Office: +1.800.ABOUTUS
> > > Cell: +1.503.888.8808
> > > Skype IM: Rathbone
> > > Twitter: @Rathbone
> > > r...@aboutus.org

Pete Forsyth

Sep 2, 2010, 8:07:56 PM9/2/10
to pdx...@googlegroups.com
I can't resist the urge to chime in here.

As somebody who was around for some of the first WikiWednesdays, I simply can't imagine it being successful without the strong support that AboutUs provided. Because they're all such easygoing folks, it's easy to overlook the level of commitment necessary on their end; but Ray and whole gang have been consistently friendly, have been substantial contributors of time and ideas, have endured the results of sometimes sloppy planning, have provided all kinds of snacks and drinks, and -- maybe most significantly in my mind -- have provided a strong model for an "all-wikis-welcome" event, rather than a platform for promoting their own product. (Even though they have an awesome one.)

One of the things I miss most about Portland (since I moved to San Francisco) has been WikiWednesday. I still get to participate on portlandwiki.org from time to time, and see the activity on this list; and it makes me happy to see things moving along in their wiki way.

Hoping to see you all in the next couple months. If the wiki folk are there, any venue will do!
-Pete

Pete Forsyth
petef...@gmail.com
503-383-9454 mobile