West-side Open Technology Center (WOTC) Reception: Tuesday, April 8, 6pm, OTBC

Igal Koshevoy

Mar 31, 2008, 9:17:43 AM3/31/08
to Igal Koshevoy
I'm forwarding along some exciting news from Steve Morris at the OTBC:

WOTC is a facility at the OTBC in Beaverton (http://www.opentechcenter.com/)
for open source and open technology developers to use without charge
(i.e., not for proprietary development).
We can use it as a quiet work environment or as a meeting place. The OTBC
presentation room is also available when it's not scheduled for other uses.

We are having an organizing meeting for WOTC on Tuesday, April 8, 2008,
at 6:00pm at OTBC. Pizza and soft drinks will be served.
Please RSVP so that we will have plenty of that available.
~~~~~~~~~~~

See http://www.opentechcenter.com/drupal/?q=contact for directions to OTBC.

Topics for discussion include but are not limited to:

- name
- attracting interest/users
- measuring success
- usage guidelines
- access/hours/security
- what do we need in the lab
- TBD/other

Mass transit to OTBC/WOTC:

Trimet bus 67 travels from Merlo MAX Station to PCC-Rock Creek (by Cornell
Oaks business park). Walk from the corner of 158th Ave./Greenbrier Parkway
to OTBC (0.1 mile).

We have a very beginning wiki at http://wiki.cs.pdx.edu/ootc/ . The
account creation password (just to inhibit spammers) is portlandia.

Thanks. Hope to see lots of you there.
Bart Massey, Randy Dunlap, Steve Morris