First Meeting 2/28/12

CLR

Feb 10, 2012, 8:14:07 PM2/10/12
to PDXErlang
FIRST MEETING!

Thank you to everyone who expressed interest and offered help. With
energy like this, our community is already off to a good start. We
will have our first meeting Tuesday, February 28th. There we will
figure out if 4th Tuesday is a good fit for future meetings, talk
about venues, thank our sponsors, do some other initial first-meeting
stuff, and jump into a round of what I am tentatively calling
ErlangGames.

Location: http://collectiveagency.co/

See you there!
-Casey

CLR

Feb 13, 2012, 6:25:38 PM2/13/12
to PDXErlang
7:00pm -> 9:00pm.@ http://collectiveagency.co/ on the 28th of Feb.

We have quite a few offers of sponsorship in various forms. Shall we
have pizza at the meeting?

-Casey

Brian Troutwine

Feb 13, 2012, 7:06:24 PM2/13/12
to pdxe...@googlegroups.com
I won't be to the meetings until June, but I'd enjoy pizza _then_, for
what that's worth.

Also, any plans for slides/videos to be posted online?

--
Brian L. Troutwine

CLR

Feb 27, 2012, 4:01:58 PM2/27/12
to PDXErlang
Brian, duly noted re: pizza. As far as slides/videos, I don't think
that would make sense. The format of the group is rarely going to be
'sit and watch a presentation.' We all have net access, and we can
watch presentations and/or tutorials on our own time at home. ;-)

Thanks!
-Casey

On Feb 13, 4:06 pm, Brian Troutwine <br...@troutwine.us> wrote:
> I won't be to the meetings until June, but I'd enjoy pizza _then_, for
> what that's worth.
>
> Also, any plans for slides/videos to be posted online?
>

> On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 6:25 PM, CLR <clr.mob...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > 7:00pm -> 9:00pm.@http://collectiveagency.co/on the 28th of Feb.

CLR

Feb 28, 2012, 6:10:23 PM2/28/12
to PDXErlang
Tonight is the night. See you all there. Hit me up on twitter or via
email if you have any questions, and be sure to follow the
instructions to get into the building. They are printed outside, but
you have to dial '200' on the keypad in order to be buzzed in.

Thanks!
-Casey

CLR

Mar 1, 2012, 4:57:24 PM3/1/12
to PDXErlang
Thanks to everyone who came out to the first meeting. I hope everyone
had as much fun as I did. Next time I'll try to make sure the pizza
gets there sooner. ;-)

Next month's meeting will be conducted via field trip to Erlang
Factory San Francisco: https://www.erlang-factory.com/conference/SFBay2012

I'll keep the group posted regarding the next meetup after that as the
time draws closer. It's pretty clear from our first meetup that we
have the start of a great community here. Don't be shy about using
this mailing list to coordinate get-togethers in between the
'official' dates either. There is no cap on fun.

Thanks everyone!
-Casey