Minilib missing doctools

Tarjei Huse

Nov 19, 2008, 2:28:06 AM11/19/08
to pa...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I got a bit of a chicken and egg problem here.

I want to use bootstrap for deploying my application, something that
looks both usable and doable.

I do however have a problem. For my bootstrap I define my application as
a dependency like this:
https://url-to/app#egg=appname-0.1 and set up the virtualenv:
options(
virtualenv=Bunch(
packages_to_install=[
"https://url-to/app#egg=appname-0.1"
],
install_paver=True,
script_name='install/bootstrap.py',
paver_command_line=None
),
)

I then create the bootstrap: (I like the way commandopts are handled btw)
@task
@needs(['work_dirs','paver.virtual.bootstrap'])
@cmdopts([
('test=', 't', 'Test the install?')
])
def bootstrap():
"""create virtualenv in ./install
work_dirs and paver.dirtual.bootstrap are called befor we get here
bootstrap.py is called to install the files
"""
if options.get('test', False):
sh('cd install; %s bootstrap.py' % sys.executable)

When I try to run the bootstrap app, I get:
run_setup(setup_script, args)
File
"/home/tarjei/testdir/lib/python2.4/site-packages/setuptools-0.6c9-py2.4.egg/setuptools/sandbox.py",
line 26, in run_setup
DirectorySandbox(setup_dir).run(
File
"/home/tarjei/testdir/lib/python2.4/site-packages/setuptools-0.6c9-py2.4.egg/setuptools/sandbox.py",
line 63, in run
return func()
File
"/home/tarjei/testdir/lib/python2.4/site-packages/setuptools-0.6c9-py2.4.egg/setuptools/sandbox.py",
line 29, in <lambda>
{'__file__':setup_script, '__name__':'__main__'}
File "setup.py", line 7, in ?
File "paver-minilib.zip/paver/command.py", line 38, in main
File "paver-minilib.zip/paver/command.py", line 14, in load_build
File "pavement.py", line 1, in ?
ImportError: No module named doctools

What is the best solution to get around this problem?

Regards,
Tarjei

Kevin Dangoor

Nov 19, 2008, 1:43:46 PM11/19/08
to pa...@googlegroups.com
On Nov 19, 2008, at 2:28 AM, Tarjei Huse wrote:

> Hi, I got a bit of a chicken and egg problem here.
>
> I want to use bootstrap for deploying my application, something that
> looks both usable and doable.

Paver does not include everything in the minilib (otherwise, it would
eventually not be so "mini" :)

You can tell it which other modules to bundle with something like the
following in your options

minilib=Bunch(
extra_files=['doctools', 'virtual']
),