We missed the deadline.

1 view

Roelof

Nov 27, 2007, 1:27:03 AM11/27/07
to Paterva Announcements
All,

I started the subject as "all good things take time" - then erased it
cos it sounds too corny. I tried "only a few more hours" and it just
felt like sales talk. The bottom line - we missed the deadline. We did
- no denying it...might as well accept it. I hate missing deadlines.

The current status is as follows - the GUI has everything except for
implementing the TAS discovery specification. If we release it like
that you would never be able to use your own transforms (because the
client wont be able to find them) - which was kind of the big idea
with this version. Also, at the moment it uses Java 1.6u3. That's fine
for just about everyone - except Mac users. Getting Java 1.6 working
on a Mac is no fun and we don't want irritate our Mac users (they're
weird as it is). So we're looking to port to 1.5, but it's painful and
everyone is already in pain from trying to make the 26th deadline.

So - enough lame excuses and fluff - the question is WHEN? The answer
is very soon. Let's say that, even if we don't have everything 100% we
WILL release what we have by the end of week..with the hope that we'll
have everything 100% sooner.

Sorry to disappoint - it will be worth the wait.
Roelof.